- Hollywood, FL, USA
Kicking off 2020 we reflect at the last decade of growth, transformation, innovation, and globalization for Shiji. From humble beginnings in China to footprints around the world, we continue to drive innovation by investing in our employees in regions around the world. If you are looking to join a truly global conglomerate pushing the boundaries of hospitality technology, then Shiji is the place for you!
We are a Global organization that has been around since 1998 with 70+ offices worldwide and 4,000+ employees. However, Shiji Group US just launched in 2018, and we are growing by leaps and bounds. We have already opened offices in Atlanta, GA. and Hollywood, FL.. Each of these offices offer an open concept space with awesome break space features. Other features (dependent on location) include ping pong tables, arcade games, shuffleboard, a nap room and even beautiful views.
This is an extremely exciting time for Shiji, and the opportunity for growth here is exponential. If you have been wanting to join a startup environment software company that has the financial backing of Global Giant Leader Alibaba look no further!
We are seeking a General Accountant with a focus on Accounts payable and ledger accounting to contribute to our high-performance culture that highlights empowerment, excellence, efficiency, ideals, and goal achievement. This individual will perform the day to day processing of accounts payable transactions and ensure timely vendor payments as well as support the finance team with various ledger accounting activities.
- Assist the Senior Accountant with the day-to-day, monthly and year-end operations of the Accounting/ Finance Department including but not limited to: billing, collections, account maintenance and budget review and analysis.
- Assist in the processing and recording of accounts payable transactions and ensure that all invoices and staff reimbursements are paid accurately and in accordance with Finance policies and procedures
- Manages the accounts payable process to include review and approval requests from respective managers and/or logistics coordinator
- Verifying transaction information; scheduling and preparing disbursements; obtaining authorization of payment.
- Respond to inquiries from staff and vendors regarding outstanding invoices
- Setup new vendor accounts and ensures W-9 is on file
- Review/Approve/Process employee expense reimbursements semi monthly
- Supports senior accountant and management with creation of financial statements through various monthly ledger accounting & supporting tasks (e.g. fixed asset records & depreciation, prepaid assets & amortization, deferred revenue & cost recognition, etc.)
- Prepare financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Verify accounts by reconciling statements and transactions.
- Resolve account discrepancies by investigating documentation; issuing stop payments, payments, or adjustments.
- Maintain financial security by following internal accounting controls.
- Maintain financial historical records by filing accounting documents.
- Bachelor’s in Accounting or similar field (replaceable with additional work experience)
- 3-5 years General Ledger and bookkeeping skills.
- Ability to adapt quickly to new technologies, products and procedures
- Ability to work and thrive in a multi-tasked and fast-paced environment.
- Experience in Microsoft suite of products, Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience in MS Dynamics NAV/ former Navision or similar programs a big plus.
- Experience with Concur Travel System a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively and build rapport with team members and business partners.
- Adhere to company standards, policy and procedure.
- Professional “get it done” attitude and work ethic.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Fluency in other languages helpful.
- Willing to work with a wide variety of cultures.
- Flexible to department and company changes.
- Flexible to tasks outside of day to day work items.
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Strong work ethic and great attention to detail.
Skills and Qualifications:Problem-solving, Data Entry, General Math Skills, Previous Financial Software, Analyzing Information, Attention to Detail, Thoroughness, Report Generating, Integrity, Communication and Interpersonal Skills