Director of Operations
- Katowice, Poland
Founded in 1998, the aim of Shiji is to become a "big data" application service platform operator.
Shiji has become one of the leading manufacturers of hotel information systems, with a variety of recent investments into the European market. Shiji is gradually expanding from hotel to catering and retail industries, becoming the major software supplier to both industries.
Shiji has also introduced consulting, IT solutions and data platform services. Meanwhile, Shiji is developing worldwide leading products and technologies aiming for the international market and speeding up its globalization progress.
Currently Shiji has more than 50 subsidiaries with about 3,000 employees.
- Responsible to provide strategic leadership, building, managing and developing the Support team
- Is responsible for scalability with internal and external customer on-boarding
- To work with the Shiji global and internal teams group to ensure alignment in processes and procedures
- To ensure setup and alignment with wider Shiji support tools
- Liaise with internal and global Shiji on Level 1-3 support and operations
- Align and manage SLAs within internal teams as per customer SLA contracts
- To ensure full adoption of the global solutions and collaboration tools by the operations team
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
People & Business Management
- Ensures required systems, tools, processes and documentation are in place to support implementation, support and operational/development business plans and goals.
- Monitors and measures the achievement of goals and adjust as necessary
- Team management including hiring
- Delivering a comprehensive full-service offering to customers
- Managing the resolution of tickets with various teams
- Managing support reporting to specific customer accounts
Operations and Support Management
- To efficiently drive improvements by directing a continuous improvement program
- Partner with department team leads to ensure good communication using standardized tools and methodologies.
- Ensures continued customer focus, enhancing and increasing productively through the introduction and /or changes to the operations policies procedures, technology and/or tools
- Develops strategy and plans to successfully implement scalability plans, operational policies and achieve business objectives where directed
- Responsible for maintaining strategic direction, ensuring effective and efficient growth of the system and the delivery of high-quality support and global consistency
- Proactively perform analysis including preparation, escalation, financial impact assessment, and potential resolution
- Guide, maintain and enforce departmental practices, methodologies, policies, and procedures
- Identify operational issues and develop solutions
- Drive accountability of the performances of the department
- Establish and review internal controls to ensure goals, objectives, standards, and benchmarks for the department are met or exceeded
- Review department performance to ensure timeliness, accuracy, compliance, and standards fulfillment as defined
EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
- 15+ years of operations and support experience
- 10+ years of experience working in high growth organizations with scalability and operations role experience
- Direct line Management experience including people, customer, financial management
- Expertise in hospitality management systems products, technology, and industry.
- Have current knowledge of cloud-based technology deployment, support, and operations on a global basis
- High energy with proven ability to lead the global deployment and support teams.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience.
- Strong time management skills and work ethic
- Spoken and written English fluency
- Proficient in facilitation and interpersonal communication
- Demonstrates skills in organization, prioritization, professionalism and coaching others
- Policies & Procedures - demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures, and systems
- Basic Skills – ability to organize, perform and track multiple tasks accurately in short timeframes; able to work quickly and accurately in a fast-paced environment; able to work both independently and collaboratively as a team player; demonstrates adaptability, analytical and problem-solving skills, and attention to detail; Competency in use of call center tracking tools
- Competency in process mapping, budgeting, reporting writing, and resource management
- A consultative and flexible leadership style to fit different situations, and focuses individual and group to achieve key objectives
- Team leader, team builder and inspires the team to achieve a shared vision
- Excellent team player with strong interpersonal and relationship-building abilities. Capability to liaise with various internal and external stakeholders at different levels in the organization.
- Outstanding communication skills. Expresses and articulates key elements of ideas or concepts (both written and verbal) in a logical, descriptive, and comprehensible manner. Anticipates reactions and responds appropriately.
- Displays strong tenacity and drive to see things through to a successful conclusion. Demonstrates a sense of urgency, a propensity for action, and confidence in the likely success of plans and initiatives. Delivers results that meet or exceed expectations.
- Ability to secure a commitment for change initiatives and effectively address any concerns.
- Takes ownership of and resolves very complex problems in a way that demonstrates balanced judgment. Develops creative workarounds and solutions for many problems within appropriate timeframes.
- Advanced strategic thinking and decision making abilities.
- all types of employment,
- flexible working hours, possibility to work partially remotely,
- full package of benefits, including the private medical care, sports card, life insurance, “cafeteria” card, English lessons and more…
- support of self-development in professional area (co-financed trainings, conferences, certifications etc.),
- chill rooms with variety of games, team building events and staff parties,
- and last – but not the least – great Team, atmosphere and a chance to participate in creating the enterprise-scale project from a scratch in an international environment.
Please don’t forget to put the clauses you accept in your resume:
I agree that my personal data will be processed by Shiji Poland Sp. z o. o. in order to recruit for the position I am applying for.
I agree to the processing of my personal data by Shiji Poland Sp. z o. o. for the needs of future recruitment.