- Katowice, Poland
Founded in 1998, the aim of Shiji is to become a "big data" application service platform operator.
Shiji has become one of the leading manufacturers of hotel information systems, with a variety of recent investments into the European market. Shiji is gradually expanding from hotel to catering and retail industries, becoming the major software supplier to both industries.
Shiji has also introduced consulting, IT solutions and data platform services. Meanwhile, Shiji is developing worldwide leading products and technologies aiming for the international market and speeding up its globalization progress.
Currently Shiji has more than 50 subsidiaries with about 3,000 employees.
The Product Manager (PM) position is responsible for delivering business value to drive sales, improve efficiency, and improve customer satisfaction through the production of quality products. Within their designated product line, PMs focus on delivering incremental value by driving product changes and working closely with a team of developers, designers, and business partners. They support in-depth business reviews, communicate and present across all levels of the organization, and support cross-functional product teams.
Strategy & Planning:
- Gains a thorough understanding of customer needs, both existing and potential, and uses that knowledge to help define and deliver hospitality products
- Translates business goals and end user needs into product strategy; communicates direction and product priorities to the development team, other matrixed teams, and third-party partners
- Identifies goals, metrics, and analytics to determine product value; continually making recommendations and refinements to the product roadmap based on learnings
- Conduct end user research to help identify product features and epic framework along with determining Minimum Viable Product (MVP)
- Understand financial needs and constraints to develop business plans for new opportunities
- Monitors research as well as the competitive landscape to recommend the best solutions and ensure that products remain or become best in class
- Evaluates research and market analysis on industry innovations and technology platforms to recommend the best possible solution
Delivery & Execution:
- Ensure product is aligned with company, stakeholder and end-user priorities to drive sales, improve efficiency, and improve customer satisfaction
- Formulates, tests and refines assumptions and hypotheses through user research and testing
- Makes product decisions that drive value on a daily basis
- Identifies pros, cons, issues, obstacles, dependencies and value associated with features and enhancements
- Defines how new product features will be realized into the existing product by leading feature workshops defining user journeys
- Participates in standups, iteration planning sessions, product demos and retrospectives
- Condenses complex technical concepts into non-technical language for stakeholders
- Fosters collaboration with team members (Development, User Experience Designers, QA, etc.) to drive value and collectively identify and resolve impediments
- Advocates for the end user and stakeholder by empathizing with and understanding user needs and becoming the domain expert
- Regularly works with the product team to continuously assess progress, disseminate lessons learned, and understand next steps
- Manages cross functional team and stakeholder expectations to execute on product strategy; provides education to requestors to determine prioritization based on tangible benefits and/or user experience
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience in the Hospitality software industry
- Experience working as a Product Manager in a modern software development based enterprise environment
- Demonstrated experience with modern software development product management practices and agile methodologies
- Experience communicating with and influencing functional and technical team members at all levels in the organization
- Experience working as part of a collaborative, cross-functional, modern software design and development team
- Experience creating, prioritizing and accepting user stories
Desired / Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience conducting user research and testing to understand needs
- Experience identifying goals, metrics and analytics to measure product value
- Experience conducting competitive research and analysis
- all types of employment,
- flexible working hours, possibility to work partially remotely,
- full package of benefits, including the private medical care, sports card, life insurance, “cafeteria” card, English lessons and more…
- support of self-development in professional area (co-financed trainings, conferences, certifications etc.),
- chill rooms with variety of games, team building events and staff parties,
- and last – but not the least – great Team, atmosphere and a chance to participate in creating the enterprise-scale project from a scratch in an international environment.
Please don’t forget to put the clauses you accept in your resume:
I agree that my personal data will be processed by Shiji Poland Sp. z o. o. in order to recruit for the position I am applying for.
I agree to the processing of my personal data by Shiji Poland Sp. z o. o. for the needs of future recruitment.