Technical Writer - CS
- Katowice, Poland
Your job will be to develop a part of a distributed system that serves the hospitality industry. The system consists of many domain-oriented microservices developed under a few cross-functional teams. You can bring a smile on the faces of thousands of people working in hotels across the globe.
A Technical Writer is specifically responsible for:
- Working with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements.
- Independently authoring new documentation based on research, interviews with subject matter experts, use cases, user stories, feature requirements, and on-hand experience with the product.
- Proactively researching product changes to determine scope of edits for assigned areas of documentation.
- Consuming technical information and transforming it into easy-to-understand user interface text, online help, and developer guides.
- Producing high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience.
- Analyzing existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities.
- Proofreading and editing documentation to ensure consistency of language and style as well as correct application of templates.
- Other duties may be assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree in technical communications, information technology, English or a related degree, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2+ years of technical documentation experience - Must have strong technical writing and editing skills, the ability to articulate technical concepts for both technical and non-technical audiences, and detail-oriented.
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- Experience in writing and editing User Manuals, ReadMe First documents, Wikis, Presentations, Installation Manuals, and Feature Reference Guides.
- Self-starter: motivated and able to take initiative.
- Experience with various forms of documentation delivery methods, including DITA/XML Authoring and HTML.
- Experience with graphic editing software.
- Experience with Agile, Waterfall, and other development methodologies preferred.
What you’ll get from us
- Being part of a newly founded motivated team
- Dynamic, flexible and focused multicultural environment
- Grow your experience with web and cloud technologies in an innovative technology environment
- All types of employment.
- Flexible working hours, possibility to work partially remotely.
- Full package of benefits, including the private medical care, sports card, life insurance, “cafeteria” card, English lessons and more…
- Support of self-development in professional area (co-financed trainings, conferences, certifications etc.)
- Chill rooms with variety of games, team building events and staff parties.
- And last – but not the least – great Team, atmosphere and a chance to participate in creating the enterprise-scale project from a scratch in an international environment.
Please don’t forget to put the clauses you accept in your resume:
I agree that my personal data will be processed by SHIJI POLAND Sp. z o. o. in order to recruit for the position I am applying for.
I agree to the processing of my personal data by SHIJI POLAND . z o. o. for the needs of future recruitment.