Business Development Manager (m/f)
- Berlin, Germany
Founded in 1998, the aim of Shiji is to become a "big data" application service platform operator. Shiji has become one of the leading manufacturers of hotel information systems, with a variety of recent investments into the European market. Shiji is gradually expanding from hotel to catering and retail industries, becoming the major software supplier to both industries. Shiji has also introduced consulting, IT solutions and data platform services. Meanwhile, Shiji is developing worldwide leading products and technologies aiming for the international market and speeding up its globalization progress.
For our growing Payment Solutions team we are seeking exceptional, product-minded Business Development Manager to grow and manage strategic partnerships with leading technology companies in the Point of Sale, Payments, Gateway and FinTech space. The role will be responsible for defining and executing a strategic business and partner strategy across a number of solution provider, banks and other companies to achieve user and revenue growth. The Shiji Payment Solutions products are sold through a network of Alliances, external Business Partners and Indirect Sales Channels.
You will be the front of the company and will have the dedication to create and apply an effective sales strategy. The goal is to drive sustainable financial growth through boosting sales and forging strong relationships with clients.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- identification of business opportunities with partners; lead all aspects of deal execution, including prioritization of partners, strategic and financial assessment, transaction structuring, negotiation and implementation
- establishment and growth of strong relationships with senior executives across different business units within our partners’ organizations promotion of the company’s products/services addressing or predicting clients’ objectives
- work in a fast-moving environment, managing priorities of multiple internal and external stakeholders
- collaborate across functions with teams internally to define priorities, plan joint roadmaps with partners and help solve critical issues across the organization
- actively promote the close interaction with solution engineering, product and development teams, both internally and externally to build the best customer experiences
- work on a variety of initiatives with partners including, but not limited to, product partnerships, distribution and commercial partnerships
- conduct research to identify new requirements for further Product Development
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- proven work experience as a business development manager, sales executive or a relevant role
- strong product instinct and ability to identify opportunities for partners to utilize existing and in-development products
- ability to partner with our solution engineering and product organization to build features for existing and new partnerships, plus gather product requirements
- strong commercial orientation, with the ability to initiate, execute, and grow complex commercial partnerships while maximizing economic value
- proficiency in MS Office and CRM software (e.g. Zoho CRM, Salesforce, etc.)
- market knowledge, specifically in Payments, Payment Systems & Point of Sale, Hospitality, Retail & Retail Operations
- ability to operate with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty and ambiguity
- closing skills, motivation for sales, prospecting skills, sales planning, selling to customer needs, territory management, market knowledge, presentation skills, meeting sales goals, professionalism
- communication and negotiation skills
- ability to build rapport
- time management and planning skills
- fluent in English
WHAT YOU’LL GET FROM US
- Challenging and creative environment with a great deal of freedom, responsibility and the opportunity to help shape the company's future
- Friendly, motivated and talented multicultural team - working with teams in differing locations
- An individual workplace, of course as much coffee, mate and fruit as you need to get into the flow
- Regular company breakfasts and special deals with local fitness companies
Looking forward to your application under specification of your possible starting date and salary expectations.