- Faro, Portugal
Founded in 1998, the aim of Shiji is to become a "big data" application service platform operator. Shiji has become one of the leading manufacturers of hotel information systems, with a variety of recent investments into the European market. Shiji is gradually expanding from hotel to catering and retail industries, becoming the major software supplier to both industries. Shiji has also introduced consulting, IT solutions and data platform services. Meanwhile, Shiji is developing worldwide leading products and technologies aiming for the international market and speeding up its globalization progress. Currently Shiji has more than 50 subsidiaries with more than 3,000 employees worldwide.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Working with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements.
- Independently authoring new documentation based on research, interviews with subject matter experts, use cases, user stories, feature requirements, and on-hand experience with the product.
- Proactively researching product changes to determine the scope of edits for assigned areas of documentation.
- Consuming technical information and transforming it into easy-to-understand user interface text, online help, and developer guides.
- Producing high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience.
- Analyzing existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities.
- Proofreading and editing documentation to ensure consistency of language and style as well as the correct application of templates.
- Other duties may be assigned.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s degree in technical communications, information technology, English or a related degree, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2+ years of technical documentation experience - Must have strong technical writing and editing skills, the ability to articulate technical concepts for both technical and non-technical audiences, and detail-oriented.
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- Experience in writing and editing User Manuals, ReadMe First documents, Wikis, Presentations, Installation Manuals, and Feature Reference Guides.
- Self-starter: motivated and able to take initiative.
Nice to have:
- Experience with various forms of documentation delivery methods, including DITA/XML Authoring and HTML.
- Experience with graphic editing software.
- Experience with Agile, Waterfall, and other development methodologies preferred.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Being part of a newly founded motivated team
- Dynamic, flexible and focused multicultural environment
- Grow your experience with web and cloud technologies in an innovative technology environment
Please forward your application, in English, which should include details of your possible starting date and salary expectations.