Software Development Manager
- Faro, Portugal
Founded in 1998, the aim of Shiji is to become a "big data" application service platform operator. Shiji has become one of the leading manufacturers of hotel information systems, with a variety of recent investments into the European market. Shiji is gradually expanding from hotel to catering and retail industries, becoming the major software supplier to both industries. Shiji has also introduced consulting, IT solutions and data platform services. Meanwhile, Shiji is developing worldwide leading products and technologies aiming for the international market and speeding up its globalization progress. Currently Shiji has more than 50 subsidiaries with more than 3,000 employees worldwide.
Concept, a Shiji Group Brand, is one of the leading Golf, Spa, and Leisure solution providers for luxury hotels around the world. With over 25 years of experience in 67 countries, Concept’s commitment to existing and potential new clients means that our software solutions are continually developed and enhanced to add new features and functionality, based on the requirements of many of the world’s leading hotels, clubs and leisure resorts.
A part of the Shiji Group since October 2018, Concept brings strength to the Shiji portfolio, with a one-stop solution for golf courses, spas connecting luxury resorts. Concept is in more than 600 different properties around the world.
Concept aspires to attain and maintain leadership of the Golf, Spa & Leisure software market by providing consistent and superior software and services, pioneering many new standards, and offering our clients unparalleled service and integrity.
What you’ll do:
- Develop, manage and prepare best software development team.
- Guide, coach and mentor software development engineers.
- Provide project management and technical leadership for every aspect of software.
- Prepare lifecycle for different projects inclusive of research, development, design, evaluation, testing along with delivery to product management.
- Supervise architecture plus lead efforts to develop technical roadmap of all projects.
- Establish and stimulate software development standards and processes along with best practices for delivery of scalable and high quality software.
- Perform closely with Engineers, Developers and Product Management throughout organization to influence product development assisting or improving products.
- Learn and display as how products would add value to respective business.
- Supervise resource allocation to assure attainment of apt business and personnel development goals.
- Involve in strategic plans to accomplish technical as well as business with leadership chain and team.
- Evaluate projects, develop and update schedules plus supervise project status.
- Collaborate effectively with all team members as well as hold regular team meetings.
- Experience in developing customer-facing web solutions;
- Experience working in high-growth organizations and proven ability to grow a global software development team;
- Experience with business requirements gathering, IT resource management, change management in a cross-functional organization, enterprise IT, and people management;
- Management and project management experience required;
- Experience in Agile Scrum;
- Current knowledge of cloud-based technology development, deployment, and support on a global basis;
- High energy with proven ability to lead global development teams;
- Technical undergraduate degree or equivalent experience;
- Experience managing developers, including knowledge and experience with:
- React / Ember / Angular / Knockout / any other js frameword
- Bootstrap/Compass CSS Frameworks
- Responsive Web Design
- Microsoft Azure
- C# .Net
- Mobile First
- Ability to travel as needed;
- Strong time management skills;
- Fluent English (we are an international team);
- Knowledge of SOA and Web Services a plus;
- Expertise in hospitality management systems products, technology, and industry a plus;
- Direct line management experience, including project, people, customer, and financial management preferred.
- Adaptable leadership style that will fit different situations and focus individual and group energies on appropriate key objectives. Inspire others to achieve a shared vision;
- Excellent team player with strong interpersonal and relationship-building abilities. Capable of liaising with various internal and external stakeholders at different levels in the organization;
- Outstanding communication skills. Express and articulate key elements of ideas or concepts (both written and verbal) in a logical, descriptive, and comprehensible manner. Anticipate reactions and respond appropriately;
- Strong tenacity and drive to see things through to successful conclusion. Demonstrate a sense of urgency, a propensity for action, and confidence in the likely success of plans and initiatives. Deliver results that meet or exceed expectations;
- Ability to secure commitment for change initiatives and effectively address any concerns;
- Ability to take ownership of and resolve very complex problems in a way that demonstrates balanced judgment. Develop creative workarounds and solutions for many problems within appropriate timeframes;
- Advanced strategic thinking and decision-making abilities;
- Ability to participate in multiple activities simultaneously and manage a wide variety of tasks with priorities and goals.
What we offer:
- Employment in the organization with an established position on the market;
- Exciting job within a creative environment and the opportunity to make a real impact on the business;
- We are investing heavily in new facilities with an environment conducive to creativity, dynamic, flexible, talented and focused multicultural team seeking more growth;
- Full time job contract.
Looking forward to your application under specification of your possible starting date and salary expectations.
Please don’t forget to put the clauses you accept in your resume:
I agree that my personal data will be processed by CONCEPTEK – Sistemas de Informação, S.A. in order to recruit for the position I am applying for.
I agree to the processing of my personal data by CONCEPTEK – Sistemas de Informação, S.A. for the needs of future recruitment.