- 1201 St Charles St, Elgin, IL 60120, USA
ITW Automotive Metals Fasteners serves all the major OEMs and their tier suppliers with metal/stamped/cold headed fasteners totaling approximately $160M in revenues. The division drives profitability by leveraging its innovative solutions and application engineering. In addition to ITW’s industry leading research and development capabilities, ITW NA Metal Fasteners enhance our customers’ competitive advantage by:
- Maintaining advanced engineering and manufacturing facilities in NA.
- Exchanging product, process and benchmarking information with sister units worldwide.
- Continually improving processes, material and designs to ensure every product exceeds customer specifications while providing unparalleled value.
· Supports engineering with the evaluation of customer’s dimensional, mechanical, material, finish, heat treat, and performance requirements.
· Determines dimensions, tolerances, material specifications, tool steel requirements, tool lives, machine capabilities and routings, and finish requirements based upon ITW & vendor standards.
· Develops a proper set of manufacturing and quality paperwork including product prints, tool prints, bill of materials, routing, inspection test requirements, finish requirements, and special gage design.
· Updates B.O.M.’s, product prints, and engineering standards.
· Completes computer drawings, material ordering, requesting quotes, creating mock-ups of parts.
· Drive continuous improvements and cost saving initiatives including: tooling communization, tool life, improvements, etc.
· Assists in the maintenance of engineering department records such as drawings, product specifications, part number controls.
· Assists with sample and production runs supporting plant personnel in resolving machinery and tooling problems as necessary.
· Inputs and updates engineering files on computer network.
· Designs parts on Auto Cad and/or SolidWorks.
· Tests parts on laboratory equipment and tracks performance data.
· Others duties as assigned.
· Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, manufacturing, or industrial engineering
· Sophomore level educational status or above
· Interest in the automotive, or manufacturing industries
· Proficiency using Microsoft Office and Auto Cad experience preferred
· Prior Engineering Internship Experience preferred
· Strong attention to detail, verbal, and written communication skills
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating, and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
· Ability to lift 40 pounds
· Understanding and compliance with safety rules and regulations
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.