Senior Staff Security Architect
- Employee Type: Regular
- Region: APAC - Asia Pacific
- Work Persona: Flexible
At ServiceNow, our technology makes the world work for everyone, and our people make it possible. We move fast because the world can’t wait, and we innovate in ways no one else can for our customers and communities. By joining ServiceNow, you are part of an ambitious team of change makers who have a restless curiosity and a drive for ingenuity. We know that your best work happens when you live your best life and share your unique talents, so we do everything we can to make that possible. We dream big together, supporting each other to make our individual and collective dreams come true. The future is ours, and it starts with you.
With more than 7,700+ customers, we serve approximately 85% of the Fortune 500®, and we're proud to be one of FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® and World's Most Admired Companies™.
Unsure if you meet all the qualifications of a job description but are deeply excited about the role? We still encourage you to apply! At ServiceNow, we are committed to creating an inclusive environment where all voices are heard, valued, and respected. We welcome all candidates, including individuals from non-traditional, varied backgrounds, that might not come from a typical path connected to this role. We believe skills and experience are transferrable, and the desire to dream big makes for great candidates.
What you get to do in this role:
The Security Architecture team ensures designed and integrated systems protect the company, customers, and data in our charge. As a key member of the team, you will be responsible for architecting, building, and consulting on solutions related to securing our global corporate and SaaS product infrastructure.
- Working closely with architects, engineers, developers, and users across the company.
- Working to continually reduce and improve our attack surface.
- Research security technologies and products in the marketplace.
- Build close relationships with partner teams to ensure priority projects are driven appropriately.
- Analyze and improve the digital supply chain.
- Determine security requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements;
- Research information security standards
- Conduct risk assessments and system security and vulnerability analyses
- Study architecture/platform
- Identify integration issues; prepare cost estimates.
- Plan security systems by evaluating network and security technologies
- Develop requirements for network environments both traditional and infrastructure as code
- Familiarity with public key infrastructure (PKI), digital signatures, and hardware/software encryption solutions; adhere to industry standards.
- Implement security systems by specifying intrusion detection methodologies
- Prepare detective and preventive measures; create, transmit, and maintain keys and encrypted data
- Provide technical guidance to architecture, engineering, and operational teams and complete documentation.
- Verify system and application security by performing security assessments, code reviews, configuration reviews, and design reviews.
- Maintain and improve security by ensuring we have adequate measures that align with our compliance standards and policies
- Conduct incident response analysis when required; work with leadership and technical teams on remediation plans.
- Help define and scope new projects and programs by preparing material including problem statements, proposed solutions, and business justification
To be successful in this role you have:
- The candidate should have a strong background in
- Systems/cloud/network/identity architecture and engineering
- Understanding the components of underlying infrastructure, including:
- Hardware platforms & cloud provider offerings
- Operating systems & virtualization technologies
- Application servers & database servers
- Prior experience in software or systems development/engineering and managing large-scale server infrastructure is highly desirable
- 12+ years of experience in Security Architecture.
- Solid experience and skillset in working with Linux and/or Windows.
- Working knowledge of identity management solutions (privileged access management and user behavioral analytics).
- Working knowledge of web application security, API frameworks, and secure coding best practices.
- Working knowledge of network architecture including routing and switching, firewall design and load balancing.
- Experience with threat modeling, vulnerability assessments, and penetration testing is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with MySQL, Oracle, SAP HANA, MongoDB, Cassandra or similar technologies.
- Familiarity with container and IaC technologies, and cloud native security management is highly desirable.
- Candidate must have good communication skills and work well in a collaborative team environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Equivalent experience
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
At ServiceNow, we lead with flexibility and trust in our distributed world of work. Click here to learn about our work personas: flexible, remote and required-in-office.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.
From Fortune. © 2022 Fortune Media IP Limited All rights reserved. Used under license.
Fortune and Fortune Media IP Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or services of, ServiceNow.