Sr. Manager - Systems Engineering
- 4400 Carillon Point Floor 4, Kirkland, Washington, United States
- Employees can work remotely
- Work Persona: Remote
- Region: AMS - North America and Canada
- Employee Type: Regular
At ServiceNow, our technology makes the world work for everyone, and our people make it possible. We move fast because the world can’t wait, and we innovate in ways no one else can for our customers and communities. By joining ServiceNow, you are part of an ambitious team of change makers who have a restless curiosity and a drive for ingenuity. We know that your best work happens when you live your best life and share your unique talents, so we do everything we can to make that possible. We dream big together, supporting each other to make our individual and collective dreams come true. The future is ours, and it starts with you.
With more than 7,400+ customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're proud to be one of FORTUNE's 100 Best Companies to Work For® and World's Most Admired Companies® 2022.
Unsure if you meet all the qualifications of a job description but are deeply excited about the role? We still encourage you to apply! At ServiceNow, we are committed to creating an inclusive environment where all voices are heard, valued, and respected. We welcome all candidates, including individuals from non-traditional, varied backgrounds, that might not come from a typical path connected to this role. We believe skills and experience are transferrable, and the desire to dream big makes for great candidates.
What you get to do in this role:
- Lead the engineering team responsible for the configuration, build, testing, and delivery of the Linux operating systems in use across our private and public cloud infrastructure.
- Work with Product and Program management to define and communicate the team’s external commitments and roadmap.
- Facilitate engineering team autonomy by assisting with project planning, prioritization, Agile process, and skill development.
- Support growth of engineers via hiring, goal setting, development of individual development plans, and performance reviews.
- Provide technical guidance for systems and process optimization opportunities and participate in architectural reviews.
- Assess compliance, risks, and vulnerabilities to ensure all systems and baselines are operationally sound, performant at scale, and exceed customer expectations.
- Collaborate with peer teams on complex, global engineering efforts to ensure architecture agreement, resource coordination, and implementation timelines.
To be successful in this role you have:
- 7+ years’ experience leading systems or hardware development and engineering, and release management across a global 24x7 production environment.
- Demonstrated success balancing competing priorities in a fast-moving environment.
- Deep background in Linux systems architecture and engineering on a global scale.
- Fluency with the components of infrastructure including hardware platforms, OS, virtualization, Azure public cloud, and web applications and databases.
- Experience with configuration management platforms at scale.
- Ability to work cross-functionally to build consensus and drive complex projects and issues to completion.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
At ServiceNow, we lead with flexibility and trust in our distributed world of work. Click here to learn about our work personas: flexible, remote and required-in-office.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.