Sr Tech Support Engineer
- Hoekenrode 3, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Work Persona: Flexible
- Region: EMEA - Europe, Middle East and Africa
- Employee Type: Fixed Term - Employee (Fixed Term)
At ServiceNow, our technology makes the world work for everyone, and our people make it possible. We move fast because the world can’t wait, and we innovate in ways no one else can for our customers and communities. By joining ServiceNow, you are part of an ambitious team of change makers who have a restless curiosity and a drive for ingenuity. We know that your best work happens when you live your best life and share your unique talents, so we do everything we can to make that possible. We dream big together, supporting each other to make our individual and collective dreams come true. The future is ours, and it starts with you.
With more than 7,400+ customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2021 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies®.
Unsure if you meet all the qualifications of a job description but are deeply excited about the role? We still encourage you to apply! At ServiceNow, we are committed to creating an inclusive environment where all voices are heard, valued, and respected. We welcome all candidates, including individuals from non-traditional, varied backgrounds, that might not come from a typical path connected to this role. We believe skills and experience are transferable, and the desire to dream big makes for great candidates.
What you get to do in this role:
- Technical Support Engineers are responsible for managing and resolving the most challenging issues for the ServiceNow platform. This includes being the first point of escalation within the technical support department as well as providing regular communication updates to customers on the progress of their requests/incidents. The successful candidate will be able to quickly gain an understanding of the ServiceNow platform. This is a customer-facing role and therefore it requires strong inter-personal and customer service skills in addition to strong technical skills.
To be successful in this role you have:
Understanding of SQL and database concepts
- Working knowledge of Web Technologies (Apache, Tomcat, HTML, XML, JSON)
- Understanding of remote administration via SSH, SNMP, WMI, Powershell
- Understanding of Networking concepts including TCP/IP, HTTP, concepts of firewall, load balancer and ports
- Familiarity with VMware, AWS, Azure, Event Management Systems.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- 2+ years of experience with enterprise software application support
- Demonstrated experience understanding and troubleshooting solutions in a complex technical environment
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced high performance environment collaborating with multiple teams
- Proven ability to maintain a professional demeanor and customer focus when handling complex issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with one or more (ITOM ServiceNow Definition, MID Server, Discovery, Orchestration, Service Mapping, Event Management, ITOM Optimization, SAMP (ITAM)
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.
Work personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in Office
A required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
A flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
A remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.