Staff UX Researcher
- 4810 Eastgate Mall, San Diego, California, United States
- Work Persona: Flexible or Remote
- Region: AMS - North America and Canada
- Employee Type: Regular
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
What you get to do in this role:
- Strategic expansion of our customer listening channels/program to gather customer sentiment and opportunities for innovation
- Dedicated and focused on gathering valuable customer insight and operational efficiency opportunities through analysis of customer feedback
- Analyze data from quantitative, qualitative, and operational data with high accuracy, to uncover findings to make business impact
- Closed loop resolution of customer issues and creation of content or FAQs to reduce customer cases and increase user satisfaction
- Deep understanding of customer use cases and success outcomes when it comes to customer service and support experiences
- Focus on building strong relationships with key decision makers and influencers across Support, Marketing and other customer focused departments across the ServiceNow ecosystem with an eye to a unified customer experience
- Define, implement and standardize metrics, reports and dashboards that outline our customer feedback and customer journey metrics across our service and support sites and tools
- Ability to document and regularly present key insights and findings to leadership on the status of customer related feedback
- Project manage research programs including setting objectives, recruiting customers, writing discussion guides, scheduling and performing research, conducting analysis and creating reports
- Facilitate working sessions to identify and innovate around customer pain points
- Work directly with leadership to develop and implement key benchmarks and measures of success for customer experience
To be successful in this role
- Mim. of 10+ years of industry experience including 5+ years of experience in quantitative and qualitative customer research and customer experience roles
- Experience in the technology industry, preferably at a SaaS company
- Prior experience designing customer experiences based on data-driven insights
- Proven success uncovering key insights through customer research and leveraging those insights to make positive changes
- Familiarity with customer journey mapping, service design and design thinking approaches
- Experience using collaboration and/or journey mapping tools (e.g. Miro, Lucidchart, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; excellent written and presentation skills
- Solid program management skills with the ability to plan project tasks/events and meet deadlines
- Proven ability to engage with colleagues, cross-functional teams, and senior leadership in a fast-paced environment
- Graphic design background a plus, but not required
What we would love to see from you before or during an interview:
- An inspiring portfolio representing examples of research that influenced insanely great insights or experiences. This includes examples of research goals, research methodologies used, the process you followed, how you were personally involved, an data visualizations, and crisply articulated insights from the research.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.
Work PersonasWork personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in OfficeA required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
FlexibleA flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
RemoteA remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.