Sr Manager, Software Development
- Hoekenrode 3, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Work Persona: Flexible
- Region: EMEA - Europe, Middle East and Africa
- Employee Type: Regular
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloudâ€‘based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.Â®
Weâ€™re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Come join the Process Optimization team and work in a talented group of engineers and product managers that is working on a core capability of the ServiceNow platform. This team is responsible for analyzing and visualizing observed workflows and discovering potential improvement opportunities of these workflows.
You will have the opportunity to work on exciting technologies on very big data sets where resource utilization and performance matter. To analyze these big data sets you might apply Machine Learning techniques to generate findings about the workflows that are analyzed.
What you get to do in this role:
- Duties include managing product and/ or application development activities in a high pace environment.
- Responsible for the overall Software development life cycle for product and/or application implementation as well as custom built web applications on ServiceNow platform.
- Work closely with program management, product management and support/satellite teams for new features and upgrades.
- Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments.
- Contribute and participate in reviews for architecture, design and code.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the development team within an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Management of departmental resource, staffing, mentoring, and enhancing & maintaining a best-of-class platform development team.
To be successful in this role you have:
- Minimum 8+ years of experience building and managing development teams delivering high quality enterprise ready software within a global setup.
- Very strong technical skills with a proven record of strong architecture & design experience.
- A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional, projects.
- Hands-on engineer who has organically evolved/grown to a management role.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and Inter-Personal skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- Proven ability to hire top talent and build out winning team.
- Knowledge of web development frameworks, integration platform, source code control systems.
- Aptitude for understanding new technologies quickly
- B.E/ M.E/ M.Tech in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent preferred.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date.Â VisitÂ ourÂ Candidate FAQ pageÂ to learn more.Â
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected]Â for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.
Work PersonasWork personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in OfficeA required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
FlexibleA flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
RemoteA remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office,Â including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to workÂ within their state, province, region, or country of employment.