Dir, Software Engrg Mgmt
- Building A,B,C 2225 Lawson Lane, Santa Clara, California, United States
- Work Persona: Flexible
- Region: AMS - North America and Canada
- Employee Type: Fixed Term - Employee (Fixed Term)
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
What you get to do in this role:
- Provide DevOps thought leadership and mentoring in both advisory and delivery contexts, focusing on the requirements of our business and how these are best served by continuous improvements to our delivery approach
- Defines a portfolio of change and roadmap. Engages and influences IT and business leaders to ensure the portfolio will deliver agreed business objectives.
To be successful in this role you have:
- Are a passionate, hands-on change agent that believes teamwork and communication are critical to high performing team function.
- Enjoy working with the latest open source and enterprise tools and building automated, integrated systems.
- Believe cultural and behavior changes and uplift are critical for improving teams of all sizes. Believe in continuous improvement through small, rapid, iterative change.
- Are in constant quest of learning and apply that to tools, technologies and processes.
- Are a smart, enthusiastic, creative leader who can look beyond today's problems to find tomorrow's solutions.
- Describe in detail, a recent DevOps transformation you have led
- Provide detailed meaningful success metrics for a DevOps practice that you have lead
- Describe your interaction and engagement with senior level executives in building and operationalizing a DevOps practice
- Able to communicate a compelling vision and need for change that generates excitement, enthusiasm, and commitment to the process
- Interacts with others, internally and externally, in a way that gives them confidence in their intentions and those of the organization
- Understands the business case for each deliverable undertaken and works with service owner and product owner to help ensure benefits are realized
- Is proficient in planning, communication and presentation skills, and the capability to listen and influence.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proven track record of building strong relationships and establishing credibility at all levels of the organization
- ‘Can do’ attitude and sense of ownership to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong knowledge of DevOps design patterns, processes and best practices
- Experience in performing organizational DevSecOps enablement and transformation
- 15+ years overall experience covering Application development, Architecture, Quality Assurance and Production support
- 5+ years industry experience in DevOps architecture related to Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery solutions & Infrastructure Automation.
- Minimum of 5 years of technology consulting experience, Leading DevOps Architectural Designs
- 5+ years of software delivery leadership in an Agile & DevOps practice, with roles of increasing responsibility, and shown experience developing and leading enterprise initiatives.
- Good understanding of Microservices and Containerization, Docker Components and Orchestration using Swarm/Kubernetes.
- Minimum 5 yrs of experience handling Application Build, Configuration Management, Deployment & Release Engineering.
- Architected solution and deep expertise on Cloud (Azure, AWS, GCP), setting up CI/CD for PaaS (Cloud Foundry, OpenShift) is a big plus
- Experience in leading the creation, oversight and ongoing operationalization of shared service environments. This includes extensive experience in advanced/sophisticated IT end to end life cycle management, leading application development and/or application management team(s).
- Deep knowledge of Infrastructure provisioning using Taraform, Ansible. Implementation experience in automation of environment provisioning
- A track record of increased responsibility (promotions) based on performance.
- Successfully led teams through major project engagements that involves Agile and DevOps transformations
- Proven leadership experience - leading, not just managing.
- Proven track history of taking complex delivery problems and creating leaner, more collaborative solutions
- Demonstrates clarity of thought and expression to win confidence from clients and partners.
- Has the intellectual capacity to understand and explain complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong background in DevSecOps tools and pipelines for different technology eco systems such as Java, .NET, COTS products
- Experienced level understanding of build and deployment systems, system configuration, job configuration and debugging.
- Experience setting up complete end-to-end fully integrated delivery systems (source control management, build tools, artifact repositories, deployment and monitoring systems).
- Experience with automation/configuration
- Working understanding of code and script (PHP, Python, Groovy, Perl and/or Ruby) particularly used within build pipeline automation.
- Knowledge of standard methodologies and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service. Strong grasp of various automation tools.
- A strong focus on business outcomes.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.