Sr Software Performance Engineer
- Building A,B,C 2225 Lawson Lane, Santa Clara, California, United States
- Work Persona: Flexible or Remote
- Region: AMS - North America and Canada
- Employee Type: Regular
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
What you get to do in this role:
As a Performance Engineer, you will be a key member of the Product Quality Engineering team driving improvements in performance, scalability and reliability of our products and services. You will work within our agile software development process and will certify products for release readiness for performance, scalability and reliability and will carry out performance benchmarking for our products & services at global scale.
The ideal candidate for this position will have strong background in performance testing & engineering in enterprise software platforms and applications. The candidate should have experience in architecting and driving complex performance testing / engineering projects that measure the characteristics of systems running under dynamic, real-world workloads.
In this role you will create infrastructure, automation, and tools that drive realistic loads against the core services of our platform. You will also enable peers in engineering, customer support, and cloud teams to leverage our tools to provide related services.
To be successful in this role you have:
- 4+ years of experience with 2+ years of experience in architecting and driving performance testing / engineering projects and solutions. Proven experience with concurrency, multithreading, and distributed system architectures
- Strong hands-on technical skills and experience in developing performance testing strategy, performance testing process
- Proven skills in JMeter and/or other industry standard performance testing frameworks such as Load Runner
- Strong skills in monitoring & reporting frameworks such as Splunk, Grafana
- Highly skilled in DB SQLs, analyzing performance issues at DB layer and recommending solutions
- Skilled in scripting / programming with Java, Java Script, Python
- Ability to carry out root cause analysis of complex performance issues, analyze results and recommend solutions
- Solid understanding and experience with agile software development methodologies
- Ability and experience in working with globally distributed cross-functional teams to drive results
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills with an aptitude for learning new technologies
- BS/MS Degree in Computer Science with proven experience in performance testing/engineering for mission critical software products & services.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.
Work PersonasWork personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in OfficeA required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
FlexibleA flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
RemoteA remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.