Senior Technical Support Engineer/Database Performance Engineer - Federal
- 680 George Street Levels 48, Sydney, SYDNEY, Australia
- Work Persona: Flexible
- Region: APAC - Asia Pacific
- Employee Type: Regular
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
NOTE Due to the nature of work related to this position, the employee will be required to obtain a Federal Government Clearance. The minimum requirement to obtain this clearance is to be an Australian Citizen.
What you get to do in this role
The Senior Technical Support Engineer will be responsible for managing and resolving the most challenging issues for the ServiceNow Technical Support team focusing on ServiceNow Technologies. This includes being the last point of escalation within the technical support department and mentoring junior team members in the various technologies.
The successful candidate will be able to quickly gain an understanding of the ServiceNow platform. This is a customer-facing role and therefore it requires strong interpersonal skills in addition to strong technical skills. The Senior Technical Support Engineer must be able to work outside of normal business hours (evening/weekend shifts, holidays, on-call) as needed.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has
- Query optimisation
- Good experience with relational databases (e.g., MySQL, Oracle)
- Experience needed includes effectively querying tables, indexing, managing data/data manipulation and proven demonstrable ability to tune SQL queries
- Good experience administering Linux/Unix OR Microsoft Server
- Good experience using terminal to review large log files, search for patterns, identify issues and manipulate output
- Strong Familiarity and good experience with Eclipse IDE and code debugging
- Good experience writing or debugging Object Oriented code (Java preferred, other relevant technologies ok)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate solutions to complex technical problems
- Highly experienced in their ability to troubleshoot difficult technical issues with ease
- Strong personal commitment to quality and customer service
- Ability to work with high-value customer administrators and developers
- We value a work-life balance and a flexible approach to office presence.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Working knowledge of ServiceNow Platform
- A fundamental understanding of ITSM, ITIL, and/or CMDB
- Experience troubleshooting and optimising web application performance
- Previous experience in software development(or) software consulting
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting e-commerce applications with catalogue, shopping cart, merchandising and payment handling is highly desirable.
- Experience providing SaaS support
- The ideal candidate is a college graduate with a Computer Science degree or equivalent.
- 5+ years providing customer facing technical support (Web based products or e-commerce preferred)
- Strong interpersonal communication skills are essential.
- Candidates with lesser experience will be considered for appropriate roles.
We make the world of work, work better for people including our own.
From work environments that help us do our best work, to benefits and a culture that encourage employees to stay healthy, happy, engaged, and growing, we keep our people at the center of everything we do.
Making work better for our customers starts with our core values. Together, they guide our people to do the right thing no matter the circumstances.
Read more at our careers page- https://www.servicenow.com/careers.html
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.
Work PersonasWork personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in OfficeA required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
FlexibleA flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
RemoteA remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.