Software Engineering Internship
- Building A,B,C 2225 Lawson Lane, Santa Clara, California, United States
- Work Persona: Flexible
- Region: AMS - North America and Canada
- Employee Type: Intern (Fixed Term)
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Our internship opportunities:
- Build report interfaces and data feeds
- Working in a Scrum-based Agile development process that is light on documentation and meetings and heavy on coding
- Designing and implement software that is simple, intuitive and easy to use that will allow customers to extend and customize the functionality to meet their specific business needs
IT Software Engineering
- Build the best cloud software for businesses using a market leading development cloud platform.
- Work closely with the product owners to understand detailed requirements and own your code from design, implementation, test automation and delivery of high-quality products to our users.
- Collaborate day-to-day with an energetic team of like-minded developers, product managers and quality engineers using agile software development methodology.
- Master new functional areas and take ownership of features that matter to our customers.
- Design features with a core commitment to quality and an eye to how the products will evolve in future releases.
- Design the natural language processing components of ServiceNow NLU capabilities by enhancing core deep learning algorithms
- Participate in data collection, creating benchmarks, etc
- Develop innovative patentable ideas that ensure the competitiveness of this product within the domain of similar work being done in the industry
- Advance the natural language capabilities of the ServiceNow platform
Platform Engineering (Back End)
- As a Software Engineering Intern, you will have the opportunity to become a key member of the Cloud Platform Development group. You will be mentored in the necessary skills to become successful contributors to the team.
- You will join the development Scrum team as any other team member and work side by side with them to solve real business problems
- Develop with a wide variety of automated testing frameworks, including Java, JUnit, Selenium, TestNG and other open-source projects
- Work within a software development team to develop, test, deploy and report on product performance, quality, security and stability
- You will be a member of a strong team of developers working to build highly scalable Cloud Infrastructure Automation
- Solve tough technical challenges in a high energy environment with experience industry leaders and with a highly collaborative team
- Write test plans and test automation for declarative infrastructure
- Build highly interactive web-based application UIs that can scale with application complexity
- Create tools, libraries, and frameworks for other developers to build upon
- Full lifecycle responsibility for software development from requirements and design to coding and ensuring a high degree of quality through testing and automation
- Actively enrolled in an accredited university as a full-time student, pursuing a degree (Bachelors or Masters) in Computer Science or a related field and returning for at least one more term following the summer internship
- High levels of creativity and quick problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to obtain and maintain work authorization and commit to a 12-week internship in Summer 2022 (May-August, or, June-September)
- Preferred: Demonstrated software engineering experience from previous internship, academic or personal projects, coding competitions, or publications
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.
Work PersonasWork personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in OfficeA required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
FlexibleA flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
RemoteA remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.