- 4810 Eastgate Mall, San Diego, California, United States
- Work Persona: Flexible or Remote
- Region: AMS - North America and Canada
- Employee Type: Regular
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
What you get to do in this role:
- Create product documentation for developers and system administrators
- Author in a variety of environments, Microsoft Word and DITA/XML
- Research, write, and ensure the accuracy of content that covers current and future releases of our product
- Review and edit best practice guides from SMEs
- Analyze current product documentation to determine usability and make improvements as indicated
- Continuously improve documentation by responding to and incorporating feedback from customers and internal users
- Collaborate with other groups to create content for the ServiceNow development community
To be successful in this role you have:
- Proven experience making technical content accessible to audiences with mixed levels of expertise
- Ability to learn highly technical products quickly, using pre-release software and internal documentation
- Understanding of source control systems and maintaining multiple versions of content
- Experience working in Scrum/Agile development environments
- Ability to obtain information through research, interviews, and experimentation
- Ability to work with geographically distributed team members and developers
- Motivation and ability to be productive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Self-direction, flexibility, and an eagerness to learn
- Understanding of the software development life cycle
- Working knowledge of DITA and topic-based writing and Microsoft Word
- Familiarity with IT service management software (ITSM), PaaS, and SaaS
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.
Work PersonasWork personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in OfficeA required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
FlexibleA flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
RemoteA remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.