Manager, Software Engineering
- Twelve01West 176 North Racine Ave Suite 500, Chicago, ILLINOIS, United States
- Employees can work remotely
- Region: AMS - North America and Canada
- Employee Type: Regular
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
We are looking for a seasoned Engineering Manager to join our UI Builder team co-located in Chicago and San Diego. We are also open to a remote manager located in central or eastern timezones. This team is a UI centric team that has continued to grow and expand and as a result we are looking to add another manager. This team delivers modern UI supporting workflows that connect people, functions, and systems with the platform-of-platforms for digital business. UI Builder is a web based user interface designer. Our customers use UI Builder to build pages for workspaces and portals supporting out of the box experiences for ServiceNow products and custom experiences created through App Engine Studio and the platform.
What you get to do in this role:
- Manage product development activities
- Work with product management, design, support and other dev teams to create high-quality solutions
- Manage daily activities of the development team
- Solve difficult and sometimes ambiguous problems
- Manage departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, and enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class engineering team
To be successful in this role you have:
- Experience with open source tools and agile development environments
- An understanding of broad concepts and experience using those concepts to understand and develop solutions for problems
- Ability to execute a project based on our priorities, context, risks and desired outcomes
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.