Business Process Architect, Support Communications
- 3250, 3260, 3270 3250 Jay St., Santa Clara, California, United States
- Employees can work remotely
- Work Persona: Flexible or Remote
- Region: AMS - North America and Canada
- Employee Type: Regular
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Our team: Growth-oriented, global, and focused on our customers
The ServiceNow Customer Support Communications team is on a rocket ship of growth, and with that growth comes the need to ensure that our organization, processes, and tools are positioned for success. ServiceNow’s end customers rely on communications sent by our team for important updates about their environments, including patching, upgrade, and maintenance notifications.
The Support Communications Business Architect will be instrumental to the growth and a valuable, visible member of the team. You will initiate change, lead communication process initiatives, and drive improvements to our tools to serve our global Customer Support Communications Group. The Support Communications Group is our internal customer, comprised of teams in the Americas, India, EMEA, and APJ that design customer support messaging and own the intake request process. You will partner with that group to continually innovate our messaging to customers, improve our internal processes, and measure the effectiveness of these large-scale initiatives.
The Support Communications team as a whole supports ServiceNow’s vision of ensuring our external customers have a delightful experience when interacting with all groups and websites at ServiceNow. We are laser focused on that end customer experience, while having a little fun along the way. Come join us!
Four key objectives for this role:
- Develop a process architecture strategy and methodology for Support Communications
- Define communication business process standards (format, tools, roles)
- Partner with global communications leaders, program managers and stakeholders to align Support Communication activities
- Drive continuous improvement, coaching and training of yourself and the team to remain relevant in the process modeling and business architecture discipline
Your responsibilities: Leveraging your experience to continually innovate our processes
- Understand ServiceNow’s Platform and Customer Communication processes. After you gain expertise in these areas, you will partner with global teams across the Customer Support organization to optimize those processes and be given the authority to drive improvements for both internal tooling and messaging to our customers.
- Leverage your business architect expertise and communication skills to design an effective, long-term communications strategy for the messages we send to our customers. Work with all levels of our organization to gain enthusiasm and support for your strategy, implementing the tactical pieces across global teams.
- Understand the Support Communication tools required to manage customer communications and define the roadmap of tool improvements. This will include leading requirements sessions, documenting use cases, and defining requirements for the development team.
- Work with key cross-functional stakeholders, Support Delivery management, and Support Account Managers to review feedback from our customers, using that feedback to present a business case for proposed changes to our maintenance communications.
- Use Analytics to drive business outcomes, and partner with our Analytics teams to expand our current set of metrics to continually evaluate the effectiveness of our maintenance communications and our internal intake request process.
This position requires passing a ServiceNow background screening, USFedPASS (US Federal Personnel Authorization Screening Standards). This includes a credit check, criminal/misdemeanor check and taking a drug test. Any employment is contingent upon passing the screening. Due to Federal requirements, only US citizens, US naturalized citizens or US Permanent Residents, holding a green card, will be considered.
Your background: These skills will position you for success in this role
- BS/BA degree in computer science, engineering or related discipline or at least 12+ years of technology experience, including technical support, engineering, or professional services – ideally at least 5 years focusing on business process architecture or business process management.
- Ability to balance Business needs with IT capabilities, bridging gaps with professionalism, optimism, and exceptional communication skills
- Experience and passion for Business Process Management with a proven understanding of architectural concepts (data, technical, and solution), issues, and trends
- Direct experience developing and implementing workflow modeling across all levels (process, sub-processes, activities, tasks, methods, and procedures)
- Experience with the ServiceNow platform or another cloud-based platform- nice to have
- Strong presentation skills – ability to present an executive summary and strategic message, while also able to pivot to present a tactical project plan or detailed status
- Ability to manage projects with tight timelines and work under pressure
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.
Work PersonasWork personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in OfficeA required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
FlexibleA flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
RemoteA remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.