Sr. Software Engineer - Big Data
- 3250 Jay St., Santa Clara, California, United States
- Region: AMS - North America and Canada
- Employee Type: Regular
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
You will be part of the ServiceNow Cloud Services Big Data Team. The Big Data team is building the next-generation platform that collects, stores and provides real-time access to large amounts of data.
You will also build real-time analytic tools and reporting capabilities for various purposes including:
- Monitoring, alerting and troubleshooting
- Anomaly detection
- Capacity planning
- Data analytics
What you get to do in this role:
This is a hands-on Full Stack Big Data Senior Engineer role where you will;
- Build the next-generation libraries, APIs and data pipelines
- Develop data engineering components and applications and entities to empower self-serve for big data products
- Lead complex and technically challenging projects from concept to completion
- Assist in developing UI components to enhance our in-house visualization tools
To be successful in this role you have
- 7+ years of software development experience
- 5+ years in designing and building scalable reusable products / components
- 5+ years programming experience in Java
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented Analysis and Design, Algorithms and Data Structures
- 5+ years in building and maintaining ETL pipelines using Bigdata technologies like Spark Streaming, Spark SQL, MapReduce, Kafka and Hive/Impala and Hadoop
- Professional experience defining, developing and maintaining scalable web service API
- Expert skills working with SQL queries, including performance tuning, utilizing indexes/partitions, and materialized views to improve query performance.
- Exceptional in database design & development, writing optimized SQLs
- SQL friendly data structures
- Exceptional debugging, testing, and problem-solving skills.
- Able to troubleshoot systems integration and performance issues
- Self-motivated and eager to absorb new emerging technologies
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with proven ability to effectively communicate complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical teams.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.