Senior UX Researcher
- Salarpuria Sattva Knowledge City Parcel 3, Survey No. 83/1, 7th & 8th Floor, Phase 1 Inorbit Mall Road, Raidurg village, Hyderabad, India
- Work Persona: Flexible
- Region: APAC - Asia Pacific
- Employee Type: Regular
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
What you get to do in this role:
- Represent the needs of customers and their end users, gathered using various research methodologies across the product and design lifecycle from discovery through design validation.
- Apply appropriate research techniques and methods for the specific project. Methods such as online surveys, individual customer interviews, focus groups, journey mapping, user flows and information architecture definition.
- Establish the ServiceNow Platform UX research practice as the “go to person” for everything platform security, trust, privacy and resilience.
- Represent platform security strategy and UI/UX design, customer roles, profiles and concepts across other UX work streams and represent UX strategy for platform security product development leaders
- Engage with customers to understand complex implementation requirements and general platform direction to enable application development, business unit requirements and overall platform growth
- Candidate will lead ServiceNow platform’s strategy for UI/UX, supporting industry leading security, privacy and resilience use cases across all applications to win in regulated markets.
- Partner closely with Product Management and Design leadership to influence product strategy and roadmaps by defining and driving specific user experience goals for application development, administration and integrations. in data management, data protection, identity and authentication, audit, monitoring and security administration experiences.
- Validate design direction through participatory design, early concept testing, formative and summative usability testing.
- Analyze and synthesize qualitative and quantitative data to generate strategic and tactical insights with actionable recommendations.
- Communicate your findings through artifacts such as jobs to be done, segments, personas, journeys, task analyses, etc. as needed at all levels of the organization.
- Collaborate on product feature prioritization and user story creation as needed.
- Identify and document research best practices and help on-board new team members
To be successful in this role you have:
- 6+ years of direct experience or equivalent combination of education and experience in user experience, Product, customer, or academic research. Preferably for product development purposes.
- Proven success defining, planning and executing research strategies including defining objectives, goals, timelines and ability to select the appropriate methodology for the project. This includes developing sample plans and designing data collection instruments.
- Intermediate knowledge of several data collection methods (either qualitative or quantitative) and fundamental knowledge of mixed methods.
- Can quickly understand customer needs, taking the initiative to interact with customers, managing expectations, responding to their requests, and communicating feedback in a simple, clear, and concise manner.
- Demonstrates confidence in the data collection process which is evidenced by the ability to naturally engage users and in the aptitude to respond with insightful follow-up questions which increases richness of research data.
- Knowledge of user interface design principles, usability evaluation techniques, perception, cognition, task analysis, experimental design and fundamental knowledge of statistics to best inform useful and usable recommendations.
- Advanced written and oral communication abilities. Can prepare reports of findings, illustrating research data graphically and translating complex findings into written text. Experience working with and presenting research results to leadership.
- Willing to be proactive and take initiative to learn about ServiceNow products and customers.
- Ability to work independently on complex projects requiring frequent problem solving and critical thinking.
- Experience working with Enterprise IT software (e.g., ServiceNow, Microsoft, Oracle, Salesforce, PeopleSoft), ideally a background in Application Platform as a Service (PaaS) or Software as a Service (SaaS) applications.
- Expertise in one or more of the following product spaces: IT Security Management, IT Operations Management, Security Operations, HR Service Delivery, Customer Service Management (CSM), or Finance & Legal.
- Awareness of Mobile and web application design experience across various platforms (iOS, Android, Windows) including demonstrating an understanding of responsive web design.
What we would love to see from you before or during an interview:
- An inspiring portfolio representing examples of research that influenced insanely great insights or experiences. This includes examples of research goals, research methodologies used, the process you followed, how you were personally involved, an data visualizations, and crisply articulated insights from the research
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.
Work PersonasWork personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in OfficeA required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
FlexibleA flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
RemoteA remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.