Senior Application Security Engineer – Office of the CISO
- The Sharp 10-12 Hogan Place 1st Floor, Dublin, Ireland
- Work Persona: Flexible
- Region: EMEA - Europe, Middle East and Africa
- Employee Type: Regular
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We’re dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That’s why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you’re an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
We employ the brightest and most forward-thinking Security Professionals on the planet. We have offices around the world and work as a distributed team. Come join the Office of the CISO team and help set the bar for cloud security!
ServiceNow’s Office of the CISO team leverages its diverse, highly skilled security background and expertise to help enhance ServiceNow’s internal and external security program and communicate ServiceNow’s commitment towards security to the world. The global team works closely with other components in ServiceNow’s Organization on security-related topics and directly interfaces with ServiceNow customers.
This critical position values integrity, quality, expertise, precision, communication, and efficiency and is looking for security professionals with developing to established security backgrounds and excellent communications.
As a Senior Application Security Engineer on the Global Security Support Center, you’ll be responsible for investigating reported application security vulnerabilities. You will work with customers, external security researchers and developers to proof & document reported vulnerabilities. This will require web application security knowledge, analytical debugging skills and strong programming language proficiency.
What you get to do in this role:
· Perform software auditing services to discover, communicate, and recommend remediation activities for software vulnerabilities.
· Help customers pentest their environments and deal with respective regulatory requirements.
· Support Security Findings reported by customers and ensure they fully understand the finding outcomes.
· Report problems based on confirmed security findings.
· Contribute to architecting roadmaps for customer pentest & security finding program
· Aide in development efforts by testing the proposed solutions for customer pen test & security finding application implementation within ServiceNow platform.
· Work Location must be EU Soil (required) [No relocation]
· 1-2 years of experience of web application security auditing including code review
· Strong verbal communication skills with an emphasis on application remediation processes
· Ability to deliver technical reports and communicate technical concepts to both non-technical business users as well as technical stakeholders.
· In-depth knowledge of common web application vulnerabilities (OWASP Top Ten).
· Offensive Security OSWE and/or OSCP certification(s) a plus.
· Strong understanding of web (or mobile) application security assessment techniques
· Ability to articulate complex issues to peers, executives, and customers
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Self-motivated and driven; ability to perform and excel with little supervision
· Excellent collaborator and teammate; ability to foster and feed off coworkers
· Great team player
· A passion for security
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.
Work PersonasWork personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in OfficeA required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
FlexibleA flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
RemoteA remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.