Product Content Internship (Technical Writing, Technical Editing, Multimedia)
- Building A,B,C 2225 Lawson Lane, Santa Clara, California, United States
- Work Persona: Flexible
- Region: AMS - North America and Canada
- Employee Type: Intern (Fixed Term)
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud-based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for our 6,200 enterprise customers around the world. In fact, we’re honored to call 80% of the Fortune 500, our customers.
We are successful because of the collective minds of diverse individuals within the Experience Organization, contributing to building innovative software that make workflows smarter. We embrace representation in and from all professional and personal backgrounds and cultures to help propel passion and innovation in all our products.
We’re e looking for students who want to learn, grow, and take a giant step early in their career, all while making a giant impact. We offer 12-week summer internship opportunities across various business functions.
Who YOUR TEAM is
We’re the Experience Organization! We are made up of Product UX Designers, UX Researchers, Technical Writers, Design Operations, Design Technologists and Visual Designers.
Where we are hiring
- Bay Area (HQ-Santa Clara)
- San Diego
Our Product Content internship opportunities:
Technical Writing Intern
- Creating product documentation for end users and system administrators
- Learning to author in a variety of environments, primarily DITA/XML
- Researching, writing, and ensuring the accuracy of content that covers current and future releases of our product
- Working closely with multiple development teams in an Agile environment
- Conducting peer reviews of documentation
- Collaborating with other information developers to produce and share content for different types of deliverables (blogs, product documentation, knowledge base, video)
Technical Editing Intern
- Contribute to terminology development in English
- Align English and target language terminology in Acrolinx and XTM (a translation management system).
- Propose solutions to terminology and grammar issues in Acrolinx that writers or editors report
- Daily responsibilities will depend on your background and may include working in applications such as: Now Platform, Oxygen, Eclipse, Acrolinx
- Create a project related to the tools and processes within the editing team and supervised by a staff editor
- Create product overview and how-to videos to be presented to ServiceNow customers on our ServiceNow Support YouTube channel.
- Gather information from documentation, subject-matter experts (SME), and other resources.
- Write video scripts to specify screen demo procedures, animations, and other visuals, and accompanying narration.
- Shepherd your scripts through the review and approval process.
- Set up, test, and record screen demos for your videos.
- Work with video production specialists to design animations and other visuals that help communicate the concepts from your scripts.
Who YOU are:
- Pursuing a Bachelor's or Masters degree in Liberal Arts or Communications with 30 hours or more of upper division or graduate school credit
- Graduating December 2022, or later
- Can provide a solid writing sample demonstrating your ability to research, analyze, and apply critical thinking to a subject OR sample web pages or other multimedia communications project with a brief summary of how the project was created and the deadline for the work. (For samples that were the result of a team effort, please indicate what specific area is your original work.)
- Have the ability to learn highly technical products quickly, using pre-release software and internal documentation
- Have the ability to obtain information through research, interviews, and experimentation
- Passionate about writing and have a strong conviction to improve the writing of others
- Explain technical concepts in clear and concise prose
- Interact collaboratively with peers from different cultural backgrounds, beliefs, opinions, and views
- Have some experience working in markup languages such as DITA, HTML, XML, or SGML
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.