Staff Software Engineer - Android
- 4810 Eastgate Mall, San Diego, California, United States
- Region: AMS - North America and Canada
- Employee Type: Regular
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
What you get to do in this role:
The Staff Software Engineer will be responsible for design and coding of various components for the Android client.
Our staff engineers are characterized by a deep technical understanding of the domain along with outstanding coding skills to produce high quality software. As a staff developer, you will work alongside other developers and product managers to build our next generation ServiceNow mobile client.
· Design and coding of components for the Android client.
· Follow an agile scrum process to iteratively design and build high-quality software.
· Full lifecycle responsibility for software development from requirements and design to coding and ensuring a high degree of quality through testing and automation.
· Work with different ServiceNow teams for incorporating various platform capabilities into the mobile architecture such as Security and Authentication, Session management, Persistence, integrating with third party systems, etc.
To be successful in this role you have:
· 6-8 years of Android development, with high proficiency in Kotlin/Java on the Android platform and libraries
· Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
· Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
· Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git and familiarity with continuous integration
· Working knowledge of Kotlin is a plus
· Strong analytical and design skills
· Prolific coding skills with high quality results
· BS/MS in Computer Science
· Working on enterprise scale client development is a plus
· Previous experience working in a multinational team environment is a plus
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.