Senior Devops Engineer/ Senior Production Service Engineer
- 680 George Street Levels 48, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Region: APAC - Asia Pacific
- Employee Type: Regular
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Come join the Cloud Automation Engineering team and work with a talented group of engineers building out solutions that make our infrastructure highly available, scalable and fully automated.
As a Senior Software Engineer focused on Cloud Infrastructure Engineering, you will have the opportunity to work on ServiceNow Platform and Tools, build state of the art solutions using workflows, orchestration and developer tools in Private and Public Multi Cloud infrastructure.
This position requires the engineer who are willing to be part of on call roster to deliver support during weekend and holidays.
What you get to do in this role:
- You will work on triaging, troubleshooting and resolving critical cloud automation issues in our own infrastructure as well as Public Clouds to ensure the continuous availability of our cloud (Five 9s).
- In addition to resolving automation issues, you will work closely with Engineering teams and other members of the infrastructure organization including SREs / System Engineering, Instance Automation, Monitoring, Technical Support and the ServiceNow development teams to provide solutions for auto-resolutions of issues.
- You will help ServiceNow’s Technical Support Members to manage customer escalations.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Bachelor’s/master’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 5 - 15 years of experience of troubleshooting and resolving difficult technical issues with ease
- Solid understanding of data modeling and databases (MySQL preferred)
- A good knowledge of cloud infrastructure is a must
- Ability to identify and resolve technical issues rapidly in a cloud automation environment.
- Aptitude to identify the pattern of issues and provide automated solutions for issue resolution as a DevOps team member.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate solutions to complex technical problems
- Laser focused on customer issues
Other Preferred Skills:
- Experience with ServiceNow technologies is a major plus.
- Cloud infrastructure knowledge
Due to the end client being a federal agency, we require the candidate to be an Australian Citizen and be able to obtain a Security Clearance.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.