Staff Software Engineer, Systems & Infrastructure
- The Sharp 10-12 Hogan Place 1st Floor, Dublin, Ireland
- Region: EMEA - Europe, Middle East and Africa
- Employee Type: Regular
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to roll up their sleeves and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
The Systems Engineering organization provides infrastructure consulting, delivery, and support escalation to ServiceNow’s product teams. We are positioned
Part of our mission is accomplished by providing well-maintained ubiquitous services, tooling to deliver and operate compute and storage capacity, and various operations using those services and tools. This is an area we are investing in heavily right now, enabling new modes of operation while enhancing our agility and scalability as a business.
To ensure success in that area, we are investing in its complement and the other part of our mission: consulting and solutions delivery. To succeed in this we are building a team of software engineers, dev-sec-ops engineers, solutions architects, and systems engineers, which is where you come in.
The ideal candidate for this team is someone who is energized when presented with many different challenges; who is entertained when working with many technologies; and above all who derives great satisfaction by seeing an immediate and observable impact of their work on their customers' outcomes.
What you get to do in this role:
- Consult with service owners on their engineering demands for Systems Engineering
- Design solutions using the organization’s existing capabilities; implement or coach service owners through implementations
- Mature and hand-off built solutions to Operations for day-to-day maintenance
- Where appropriate, build new systems and capabilities from scratch, with clean, rigorously tested, well-reviewed, scalable code
- Represent service owners to SysEng’s internal Product Owners, driving priorities and feature roadmaps for existing capabilities
- Work with a wide range of technologies: virtualized compute and network and management tools thereof (incl. Terraform and homegrown tooling), Kubernetes, message buses, configuration management tooling, foundational systems like DNS/LDAP/DHCP, so on
- You are an agent of change – with passion and a proven record of successfully introducing new services at scale.
- You are technologist at heart – with broad experience in delivering solutions at many levels of the stack from a bare metal server through application CLIs/UIs
- You seek constant mental stimulation by addressing new problems, learning new technologies, and teaching others
- You are passionate and proficient at software development, including designing, authoring, testing, and debugging code in a popular systems language such as Python, Go, Java, or Ruby
- You challenge yourself and those around you to continuously improve
- You foster collaboration within and across teams and thrive on working with others
- You are an excellent oral and written communicator
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.