Corporate Counsel - Privacy
- The Sharp 10-12 Hogan Place 1st Floor, Dublin, Ireland
- Work Persona: Flexible
- Region: EMEA - Europe, Middle East and Africa
- Employee Type: Regular
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
What you get to do in this role:
Corporate Counsel, Legal (Privacy EMEA)
Location: Dublin, Ireland
We are seeking a motivated solicitor with 3+ years of proven privacy law experience to join our dynamic legal team. The successful candidate will be located in Dublin reporting to the Director, Privacy EMEA. The position will be a key part of the Global Privacy Team supporting strategic privacy goals and providing operational legal support on processes involving privacy and data protection across the organization. This is an opportunity to play a key role in ServiceNow’s expanding legal privacy team and to work on challenging global privacy issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment.
What you get to do in this role:
- Provide advices and guidance to various departments, including global marketing, procurement, product teams, sales, human resources and the governance, risk and compliance team, in conjunction with the Global Privacy team and under the direction of the Director, Privacy EMEA.
- Assist the commercial legal team by reviewing and negotiating privacy-related agreements, (e.g. DPAs and Data Sharing Agreements, SCCs), in support of global sales transactions and procurement.
- Assist in pursuing privacy related Certifications and Standards.
- Assist in privacy related due diligence and privacy impact assessments in M&A transactions.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of privacy related notices, policies, standards, guidelines and processes, including carrying out privacy reviews and privacy impact assessments.
- Assist in assessing privacy risk for new vendors, and marketing/HR related initiatives.
- Assist in carrying out data transfer impact assessments and providing guidance in relation to international data transfer developments.
- Support privacy training for various groups within the company.
- Assist in the development of the company’s privacy practices in light of changes in the law in all Global territories, working in co-ordination with the Global Privacy team worldwide.
To be successful in this role you have
- University legal degree with strong academic credentials.
- 3+ years of relevant privacy experience in a law firm and/or in-house legal department of a technology company.
- Knowledge of the interaction between privacy and technology related matters.
- Proficiency in commercial contracts and excellent drafting skills.
- Substantive and demonstrated expertise in privacy and data protection laws and experience implementation of same across an organization.
- International experience and working knowledge of global data transfer mechanisms, including Standard Contractual Clauses and Binding Corporate Rules desirable.
- Experience in legal research and assessing implications of new pieces of legislation.
- Experience conducting privacy reviews and privacy impact assessments.
- A demonstrated practical, real world, collaborative approach to problem solving with the ability to make sound decisions and exercise good judgement.
- Ability to assess risk and provide concise business-focused legal advice.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.
Work PersonasWork personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in OfficeA required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
FlexibleA flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
RemoteA remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.