Deal Desk Manager
- 176 North Racine Ave, Suite 500, Chicago, Ill, United States
- Employees can work remotely
- Region: AMS - North America and Canada
- Employee Type: Regular
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
The Professional Services Deal Desk team is looking for a sales-centric, experienced Proposal Manager to orchestrate, develop and deliver compliant, cohesive and compelling SOWs, Proposals and other supporting materials for our Services Sales teams. You will partner closely with functions including Services Sales, Advisory, Delivery, Legal, Finance, Sales Operations and other groups. You will also be responsible for helping to maintain our content library, build the team, train our stakeholders, and both define and refine processes, procedures, standards and tools based on company and industry-standard best practices.
What you get to do in this role:
- Qualify requests, help define plan to estimate, to scope and to develop proposals.
- Analyze customer needs and requirements and research ServiceNow and other various sources of information to compose custom and boilerplate business and technical content that effectively communicate the scope and value of our services
- Review customer-defined scope & requirements, as well as business, technical, legal, and financial requirements and develop the plan, outline, and timetable to deliver a compelling, compliant response.
- Coordinate the information required to produce the SOWs, proposals and other materials, manage multiple projects at once to meet deadlines.
- Manage the process of deliverable creation to support Implementation and Advisory engagements for our largest and most complex customers.
- Work closely with various resources including but not limited to Services Sales, Advisory, Delivery, Legal, Finance Sales, Operations and other groups.
- Create, collect, proofread, organize, format and review drafts and final editions of documents for readability and alignment with customer requirements and compliance with ServiceNow business and legal policies and practices.
- Review documents and revisions with Service Sales team.
- Prepare and participate in Deal Validation meetings for large SOWs, review SOW contents with participants and explain content. Manage updates as applicable.
- Follow-up on opportunity progress and closing plans.
- Collaborate with other team members as well as cross-functional subject matter experts to periodically review and update or retire PS processes, procedures, standards and tools.
- Augment and manage knowledgebase to provide response content that includes only te most accurate and current company, software and services information.
- Maintain / expand current knowledge of the platform via internal webinars, case study, training and all other resources available.
- Provide mentoring to junior PS team members on company proposal processes and company/industry best practices.
- Communicate with and train Services Sales, Architects, Advisors, Practice Directors and other cross-functional organizations on proposal best practices, policies, and processes/procedures.
- Maintain accurate records of proposals submitted as well as drafts, approvals, and other supporting documents.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- The ability to comprehend, communicate, and cohesively orchestrate complex business, technical and legal requirements, information and materials.
- The ability to build and maintain partnership with Sales and Delivery teams.
- Creative and keen eye for graphical and document design details.
- Superior writing, copy-editing, spelling, grammar, punctuation and style skills.
- First-class professional and interpersonal communication skills for collaboration with various groups.
- Excellent organization and time management skills to oversee simultaneously occurring projects, tasks and deadlines.
- Ability to thrive and adapt creatively and successfully to constant change in a fast-paced and team-oriented sales environment.
- Proven critical thinking and effective decision-making abilities.
- Understanding of sales lifecycle/stages and outcomes.
- Capable of working independently and in collaboration with remote resources to meet deadlines.
- Able to comprehend, communicate and cohesively organize complex business, technical and legal concepts, information and materials.
- Expert knowledge of office productivity, word-processing and various other computer-based or online website proposal software. Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- 3-5 years of experience producing SOWs and proposals for high-value contracts.
- Consulting experience (technical, project management, etc.) is not mandatory but is a plus.
- Experience with working with software vendors is not mandatory but is a plus.
- Technical or university degree in business, communications, English, marketing, publishing, computer science or equivalent experience preferred.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.