Sr Staff Software Engineer
- 4810 Eastgate Mall, San Diego, California, United States
- Employees can work remotely
- Region: AMS - North America and Canada
- Employee Type: Regular
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to roll up their sleeves and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
What you get to do in this role:
The team is following modern development practices including scrum and continuous integration. This is a very strong foundational team that enables many ServiceNow capabilities and drive significant value as a secure remoting extension of the Now platform.
We are looking to add a strong developer/architect to this very capable team to continue the innovation and adequately face new market demands.”
- You will design and develop solutions for complex use cases across multiple domains, utilizing cutting edge technologies
- Be a leader, drive projects, mentor your colleagues and help promote knowledge-sharing and best practices
- You will drive and build solutions that are robust, scalable, performant and secure
- Your code will be of high-quality, clean, scalable, and reusable code by enforcing best practices around software engineering architecture and processes (code reviews, unit testing, etc.)
- Collaborate with product owners to understand detailed requirements and own your code throughout its lifecycle.
- Implement software that is simple to use to allow customers to extend and customize the functionality to meet their specific needs
- Contribute to the design and implementation of new products and features while also enhancing the existing product suite
To be successful in this role you have:
- 10+ years of experience with OO language (Java preferred)
- Advanced knowledge with data structures, algorithms, object-oriented design, design patterns, multithreading, relational database, and performance/scale considerations
- Experience with designing and writing secure software, applying cryptography best practices
- Experience integrating and developing software and services using common API techniques (SOAP, REST, XML, etc.)
- Experience with multiple technology stacks: Cloud Dev, Platforms, Frameworks, or service-oriented architecture
- Capability to manage multiple projects with material-technical risk across teams and processes; may serve as a functional lead or technical owner
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.