Senior Database Engineer, SWAT
- The Sharp 10-12 Hogan Place 1st Floor, Dublin, Ireland
- Region: EMEA - Europe, Middle East and Africa
- Employee Type: Regular
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to roll up their sleeves and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
What you get to do in this role:
- Strong experience with performance and stress testing tools and approaches for driving realistic customer simulations
- 5+ years of database management and performance tuning (Postgres/MySQL)
- 5+ years of experience supporting or testing large scale we-based distributed applications on containers such as Apache/Tomcat, JBoss, Web Logic, and Web Sphere in a Unix environment
- 3+ years of experience developing on a SaaS, PaaS, or Cloud Infrastructure product/solution
- Proven experience with concurrency, multithreading, and distributed system architecture
- Unix skills: including development, navigation, file manipulation, permissions, searching/finding files and text contents, and administrative actions
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills with an aptitude for learning new technologies
- developing and deploying mission critical software
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or equivalent technical discipline, or similar work experience.
- Eagerness to learn everything about the ServiceNow Platform
To be successful in this role you have:
· Experience with service now platform, scripting, tuning, troubleshooting is highly preferred.
· Solid understanding and experience with databases ( Postgres & MariaDB/MySql)
· Solid understanding of schemas, table spaces, indexing, and database performance optimization
· Familiarity or knowledge of CentOS/RedHat operating system (admin/root level)
· Demonstrated experience leading individual projects, including scheduling and reporting
· Formal experience on a DevOps or Performance or support team is desired
This role will require participation in on-call duties. More about this role:
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits, and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals with a strong aptitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology in the industry.
For the recruitment of this position, we are partnering with a single outsourced recruitment vendor who is based in this jurisdiction. This vendor will be responsible for managing your application and the recruitment process for this role, and as such, by applying for this job you are providing your consent that we will share your CV and contact information with them.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.