Senior Tech Support Engineer-Service Management
- Ark Mori Building 1-12-32 Akasaka, Minato-ku 35th/32nd Floor, Tokyo, Japan
- Region: APAC - Asia Pacific
- Employee Type: Regular
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
What you get to do in this role:
ServiceNow is currently seeking a Technical Support Specialist to provide customer support for our Tokyo location. The successful candidate will be responsible for direct support of ServiceNow customer developers and administrators. This includes web/email support as well as direct telephone support. This position is in the Technical Support group, a collaborative team working on highly challenging technical issues covering a broad range of technologies and working closely with the ServiceNow senior technical support, development, and operations staff. The Technical Support Specialist might be required to work outside of normal business hours.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot technical issues.
- Working knowledge of the components in a web applications stack.
- Understanding of basic networking and system administration.
- Experience working well in a team environment while also being able to work productively while unsupervised.
- Strong personal commitment to quality and customer service.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Japanese with the ability to clearly articulate solutions to technical problems.
- Ability to work with high-value customer administrators and developers.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Experience with enterprise software application support.
- Understanding of SQL and database concepts.
- A fundamental understanding of IT service management and the ITIL business process.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.