Sr Technical Support Engineer- Integrations
- 4810 Eastgate Mall, San Diego, California, United States
- Region: AMS - North America and Canada
- Employee Type: Regular
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
The Global Technical Support team is diverse, creative, fast-growing team! We provide technical support round the clock. Support Centers are located in Australia, India, Ireland, Japan, Netherlands, UK and US. We are looking for engineers who have passion for technology, problem solving and eager to help customers. We collaborate with different internal teams to provide great customer experience. We thrive to meet objectives, maintaining work focus despite obstacles or setbacks.
As a Technical Support Engineer, you will enable our customers with your passion and knowledge of the ServiceNow Platform. You will resolve customer issues and provide technical guidance in addressing their business needs. You will be the voice of the customer into ServiceNow product and development teams for product feedback and improvements. You will play an integral role in building knowledge and be part of strategic initiatives for process improvements.
What you get to do in this role:
- Be a Customer Advocate providing support to users/administrators of our platform
- Understand our platform, cloud technologies and troubleshooting practices to ensure successful resolution of challenging technical situations
- Resolve technical cases created by customers looking for help to understand or troubleshoot unexpected behaviors or answer technical questions about the ServiceNow software and platform.
- Gain an understanding of the ServiceNow platform and all core functionality.
- Analyze data with a view to isolate the potential cause of the issue.
- Involve others to accomplish personal and group goals.
To be successful in this role you have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (or related technical degree) or software coding environment OR 4+ years Technical Support experience
- LDAP/Active Directory, SSO or other authentication or user management systems (e.g. Azure AD, Okta. SAML, SiteMinder)
- Email Infrastructure (e.g. Exchange, Office 365, Postfix)
- Web Services (consuming or providing) (SOAP, REST)
- Network infrastructure
- Any bi-directional, automated integration between two systems
- Data Extraction Technologies (e.g. JDBC, ODBC) or ETL integrations
- Experience with relational databases (e.g. MySQL, Oracle)
- Experience using Linux/Unix OR Microsoft Server
- Ability to troubleshoot difficult technical issues with ease and complexity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate solutions to complex technical problems
- Strong personal commitment to quality and customer service
Must have experience in working with one (or more) of the following technologies / languages:
- Working knowledge of the components in a web applications stack
Nice to Have's
· Experience providing SaaS support
· Experience working with the ServiceNow Platform
· A fundamental understanding of ITSM or ITIL framework
· Experience diagnosing performance related issues
· Experience in using tools like Splunk, Elk, and handling Network Devices & Load Balancers
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.