Senior Director, Product Design
- Building A,B,C 2225 Lawson Lane, Santa Clara, California, United States
- Region: AMS - North America and Canada
- Employee Type: Regular
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
What you get to do in this role:
Seeking a Design Leader to lead Core Product Design services and product innovation across ServiceNow’s entire product portfolio. This design leader will champion the central design practices that ensure our products are visually beautiful, delight the user, are simple to comprehend, and lead the industry with modern, innovative design. This leader will articulate our vision of the future to customers, employees, and executive stakeholders, through communication pieces such as videos, demos, interactive prototypes, and presentations. This leader will be the tastemaker of our design practice, providing creative direction and vision that up-levels our aesthetic. They will additionally build operational systems that enable and empower design teams to do great work. They will lead several teams, including:
- Visual Design – a team of visual designers who lead our product look and feel, including color palette, typography, motion, visual hierarchy, layout, illustration, and visual preferences such as light/dark mode, information density, and customer theming capabilities. This visual language and pattern library is then codified in our Now Design System, providing internal teams, partners and customers with the assets and guidance to build great product experiences.
- Design Technology – a team of front-end developers who support our Now Design System website, create prototypes used for research and design exploration, and build technical capabilities and tools that advance our product user experience.
- Visual Storytelling – a growing team that creates our executive communication materials for internal All Hands, Board of Director meetings, and Customer Executive Briefings. Includes creating compelling narratives and visionary demos of new product experiences for use in presentations, videos, commercials, and company events.
- Content Design – a team of people who design with words, and ensure our product experiences are simple to understand, with a warm, approachable, and consistent voice and tone.
To be successful in this role you have:
Senior Director level of leadership and experience.
Solid organizational experience, managing multiple teams and building strong leadership benches.
Experience building a design system that creates a cohesive product experience, and provides design team enablement and operational practices that scale.
Experience working in both digital product design and brand/marketing/advertising design. Experience leading content design or marketing communications / writing is a plus.
Proven experience delivering innovative, world class design that up-levels the product and brand. Tastemaker, thought leader, and inspirational influencer in the design community.
Collaborates well with other leaders and stakeholders, able to influence material change through the organization without command-and-control ownership.
Adds diversity to the EO leadership team through unique and differentiated experience and background.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.