Incident Response Analyst
- Building A,B,C 2225 Lawson Lane, Santa Clara, California, United States
- Region: AMS - North America and Canada
- Employee Type: Regular
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
What you get to do in this role:
- ServiceNow has a large and highly skilled security team located at multiple sites globally and as part of a rapidly growing organization ServiceNow is looking to expand its security incident response team. This role is an opportunity to support both ServiceNow’s commercial customers as well as its Federal environment. As a rapidly growing organization ServiceNow offers the opportunity for growth while learning its commercial and federal environments and the ServiceNow platform itself.
- As an Information Security Analyst you will be a key member of the Security Operations team; monitoring the tools and systems that defend ServiceNow’s production and corporate environment, define relationships between seemingly unrelated events through deductive reasoning, come up with ways to do things faster, better and more effectively while maintaining a laser focus on quality.
- You will work on a geographically diverse team to respond to threats that may arise against our infrastructure, and track incidents to closure, working across functional teams.
- You will work with the various teams to maintain up-to-date baselines for the secure configuration and operations of all in-place devices, whether they be under direct control (i.e., security tools) or not (i.e., workstations, servers, network devices, etc.). Using this baseline data you will conduct analysis of security vulnerabilities.
- You may be called upon to assist with the deployment, integration and initial configuration of new security solutions or enhancements to existing security solutions; including network, and systems to improve overall platform security.
- You will be required to participate as an escalation point of contact in the On-Call rotation, to ensure that Security Operations can respond to priority incidents in a timely manner, and must be willing to work weekend shift and hours outside of standard business hours, if necessary.
- Candidates must be able to meet all federal government security screening requirements as indicated: Federal security screening requirements call for applicant to verify U.S. Citizenship. Additional customer screening requirements may include additional items such as, but not limited to: specialized agency background checks (either national or local) and fingerprinting, as well as the ability to obtain a government personnel security clearance.
To be successful in this role you have:
- 0 - 2+ years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be willing to work weekend shift
- Deep understanding of Security Operations Center and Security Incident Response Team protocols and procedures.
- A solid foundation in networking fundamentals, with a deep understanding of TCP/IP and other core protocols.
- Background working with data logging applications (e.g. Splunk)
- Knowledge of internet security protocols and technologies.
- The ability to analyze event and systems logs, perform forensic analysis, analyze malware, and other incident response related data, as needed.
- Familiarity with intrusion detection systems.
- Knowledge of attack vectors, threat tactics and attacker techniques.
- Understanding of Windows and Linux operating systems and command line tools.
- Enterprise level analysis and defense experience are a plus.
- GSEC, GCIH, CEH, GCIA or CISSP certifications are a plus
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.