Chatbot Conversation and Communication Designer
- 3250, 3260, 3270 3250 Jay St., Santa Clara, California, United States
- Region: AMS - North America and Canada
- Employee Type: Regular
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
The Employee IT Services team at ServiceNow strives to deliver world-class employee experiences that delight our users. We are fanatical about user experience and utilize innovative thinking and advanced technologies to optimize our operations and improve user experiences. We are empowering our employee community to self-solve common IT issues by leveraging technologies such as our own chatbot solution.
What you get to do in this role:
You will be responsible for designing chatbot conversations that are clear, simple, and conversational, and align with established chatbot and user experience standards. In addition to chatbot conversations, you will design and create user-facing communication artifacts, such as IT Support employee notification templates, employee service catalog items, and interactive voice response (IVR) notifications and flows.
- Develop highly engaging chat interactions between employees and IT that avoids all the technical jargon yet extremely effective in style
- Facilitate workshops with internal employees to develop user-centric solutions
- Present and solicit feedback from stakeholders on early-stage conversation and flow designs
- Participate in user acceptance testing (UAT) of chatbot conversations
- Use data and analytics to find opportunities for continuous improvement of the chatbot user experience
- Review existing conversations to ensure grammatical accuracy, optimize the content, recommend new topics, and measure the impact
- Conduct user research and interviews to identify unmet needs
- Craft user-facing notification templates related to incident handling and request fulfillment
- Review and modify IT Service Catalog items to ensure the verbiage is simple, intuitive, and engaging
- Review and offer suggestions on improving existing and new IVR flows to ensure an ideal user experience.
To be successful in this role you have:
- Passionate about employee experiences and delivering phenomenal services through our ServiceNow platform
- Intellectually curious, has the desire and ability to learn new content and concepts, and can think creatively and innovatively
- Adept at using language that is compelling, concise, and friendly to guide a user through a digital experience
- Experienced in delivering in a fast-paced, collaborative agile environment
- Adaptable and can accommodate constantly changing priorities
Required Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Experienced in conversation and user-design and chatbot dialog flows
- Strong background in designing and crafting communications
- Clear, precise, and compelling communications skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent eye for detail and an understanding of each step of the conversation design process
- Familiarity with Natural Language Understanding (NLU)
- Excellent organizational and planning skills. Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and manage own time effectively
- Ability to interact and collaborate effectively with others
- Self-motivated has a positive attitude and is always looking to learn more
- Multi-tasking, constant productivity, creativity, and the ability to deal with change
- Understanding of Linguistics and Anthropology
- Prior experience designing service catalog items and IVR flows is a big plus
- Professional writing experience
Additional Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications or a related discipline
- At least 3 years of experience in designing chatbot conversations and flows
- At least 5 years of experience in building and crafting user-facing communications
- Extensive experience in client-facing roles
- Knowledge of design tools, such as Miro
- Experience in UX-led and design thinking approach to digital products
- Customer Service or IT Support experience
- Understanding of agile principles
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.