Senior Tech Support Engineer-Performance
- Ark Mori Building 1-12-32 Akasaka, Minato-ku 35th/32nd Floor, Tokyo, Japan
- Region: APAC - Asia Pacific
- Employee Type: Regular
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
What you get to do in this role:
The Senior Technical Support Engineer is an individual contributor position within ServiceNow Technical Support organization focusing on ServiceNow Platform Technologies supporting users/administrators of our platform. This individual will be relied upon for their superior knowledge, ability and experience in technical support, cloud technologies and troubleshooting practices to ensure successful resolution of challenging technical situations. This role will be responsible for incident tracking and prioritisation, diagnosis, replication, troubleshooting and resolution of the most complicated and critical incidents. This includes being the last point of escalation within the technical support department and mentoring junior team members in the various technologies. Last but not least this individual will provide excellence in customer service to ultimately drive to completions and total resolution of each customer support issue.
The successful candidate will be able to quickly gain an understanding of the ServiceNow platform. This is a customer-facing role and therefore it requires strong inter-personal skills in addition to strong technical skills. The Technical Support Engineer must able to work outside of normal business hours (evening/weekend shifts, holidays) as needed.
Those we hire will be trained and mentored in these technologies as appropriate by our senior staff and will work to support a growing base of customers globally. Successful candidates will enjoy a generous earning potential and the chance to expand their role in the company as we grow.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Must be Bi-Lingual (Japanese and English)
- Must be able to business speak In Japanese and English
- Good experience with relational databases (e.g. MySQL, Oracle). Experience needed includes effectively querying tables, indexing, managing data/data manipulation and proven demonstrable ability to tune SQL queries
- Good experience administering Linux/Unix OR Microsoft Server
- Good experience using terminal to review large log files, search for patterns, identify issues and manipulate output
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot difficult technical issues
- Working knowledge of the components in a web applications stack
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field required (or equivalent degree and experience)
- 5+ years providing customer facing technical support (Web based products or e-commerce preferred)
- Strong Familiarity and good experience with Eclipse IDE and code debugging
- Good experience writing or debugging Object Oriented code (Java preferred, other relevant technologies ok)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, additional languages advantageous
- Works well in a team environment
- Strong personal commitment to quality and customer service
- Ability to understand and communicate complex technical systems
- Proven ability to maintain a professional demeanour when handling complex user issues
- Previous experience with ServiceNow Platform, completion of ServiceNow Fundamentals
- A fundamental understanding of ITSM, ITIL, or CMDB
- Experience troubleshooting and optimising web application performance
- Previous experience in software development(or) software consulting
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting e-commerce applications with catalogue, shopping cart, merchandising and payment handling is highly desirable.
- Experience providing SaaS support is desirable
- The ideal candidate is a university graduate and has at least 3-5 years of relevant experience
Please note: To be eligible for this role, you must be a Japanese resident or have appropriate working status in Japan. Please ensure this is indicated on your application.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.