ServiceNow Platform Architect
- 3250, 3260, 3270 3250 Jay St., Santa Clara, California, United States
- Region: AMS - North America and Canada
- Employee Type: Regular
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to roll up their sleeves and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
What you get to do in this role:
- Be willing to take full technical ownership of an issue or problem
- Be a born troubleshooter with significant experience of Performance Tuning web-based applications and troubleshooting the technology stack from the front-end to back-end
- Be naturally inquisitive and know how to get to the bottom of an issue
- Have a proven ability to maintain a professional demeanor when handling complex user issues
- Have the ability to interpret technical data, identify trends and resolve system bottlenecks
- Establish and manage technical governance processes for development and admin teams.
- Provide technical evaluation of demands for new applications and changes to existing applications, translating demands into an architectural blueprint.
- Provide technical best practices, standards, and design support for complex projects.
- Define solutions across the platform that aligns to out of the box capabilities.
- Ability to analyze system events on the platform and propose system enhancement and stabilization ideas.
- Staying current on product developments/releases to provide guidance to admins and developers.
To be successful in this role you have:
- Bachelor’s in computer science or similar technical degree with 10+ years of experience in application development at Enterprise Software Development Company.
- Experience working with one J2EE application server e.g., Tomcat, WebLogic, WebSphere
- Experience writing or debugging Object Oriented code (Java preferred, other relevant technologies ok)
- Working knowledge in one (or more) Relational Database technologies e.g., Oracle / MySQL / SQL Server, and knowledge of SQL performance, SQL tuning and optimization, and understanding of Explain Plans for complex queries
- Knowledge of Java JDKs and memory management, including heapdump analysis
- Strong understanding of JVM architecture, Infrastructure layer, and Networking concepts.
- Excellent understanding of the architectural principles for cloud-based platforms that include SaaS, PaaS, multi-tenancy, and automation, understanding of ServiceNow architecture is an add-on
- Ability to document roadmaps with functional design elements to achieve desired offering, solution, application, or any other outcome.
- Strong facilitation skills, to encourage clear articulation of the business issues and effective solution design by the relevant players.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.