Senior Performance Engineer
- Salarpuria Sattva Knowledge City Parcel 3, Survey No. 83/1, 7th & 8th Floor, Phase 1 Inorbit Mall Road, Raidurg village, Hyderabad, India
- Region: APAC - Asia Pacific
- Employee Type: Regular
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to roll up their sleeves and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
What you get to do in this role:
As a Senior Performance Engineer, you will be a key member of the Application Development team driving the quality of our products and services to the next level. You will work within our agile software development process and have an important impact on the products we built.
The ideal candidate for this position is a someone with a strong background in web application benchmarking and performance analysis. The candidate must have a passion for building and applying tools that measure the characteristics of complex systems running under dynamic, real-world loads. You will work in a fast-paced, innovative environment that allows direct influence on the organization and our most important customers.
In this role you will create infrastructure, automation, and performance scripts that drive realistic loads against the key business transactions.
To be successful in this role you have:
· Strong experience in JMeter and/or one of the open source applications Gatling/Grinder/Locust/PBench/Siege/ApacheBench/Tsung along with LoadRunner
· 8+ years of experience in performance testing large scale web-based distributed applications
· 5+ years of experience working on a SaaS, PaaS, or Cloud Infrastructure product/solution
· Proven experience with concurrency, multithreading, and distributed system architectures
· Solid understanding and experience with agile software development methodologies
· Strong problem-solving and analytical skills with an aptitude for learning new technologies
· BS/MS Degree in Computer Science with solid experience developing and deploying mission critical software
· Experience specifically with MySQL or Oracle databases
· Familiarity with Python / shell scripting
· Familiarity and hands-on experience with CentOS/RedHat operating system
· Understanding of schemas, table spaces, indexing, and database performance optimization
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.