Staff AI Enterprise Search Architect (Lucene Solr)
- Building A,B,C 2225 Lawson Lane, Santa Clara, California, United States
- Region: AMS - North America and Canada
- Employee Type: Regular
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
- Lead the effort to ensure that enterprise search architecture decisions support the business and IT strategy, and that the delivered architecture is compliant with relevant Data architecture standards, blueprints and roadmaps.
- Participate in architecture assessments & reviews either as lead reviewing architect or as an enterprise search subject matter expert in the review team.
- Provide architectural expertise and technical direction to system development and projects with respect to search and taxonomy technologies, platforms, and services.
- Help Define the overall enterprise search platform roadmap and drive its successful implementation.
- Understand implications of IT architecture requirements to ‘As-Is’ architectures and define/update ‘To-Be’ architectures applying Data architecture guiding principles.
- Deliver competitive edge and insight through innovative data ingestion, NLP, data text-mining, content analytics, and information and data presentation technologies.
- Design, implement, and support a comprehensive set of enterprise metadata and taxonomy platform services.
- Continuously scan the technical landscape to identify ways to improve search relevance, accuracy, and overall user experience.
- Relevant technical degree or equivalent with 8+ years’ experience demonstrating capabilities within the areas of enterprise search, metadata, and taxonomy concepts/technologies.
Technology and technical concepts:
- Content indexing (crawling – ETL) - Setting up indexing, retrieving, ranking heterogeneous datasets
- Enterprise search platform experience with at least one of SOLR, Elastic Search, LucidWork, Attivio
- Metadata, taxonomy, and ontology search integration
- Understanding of Search relevancy and performance and process to measure, iterate and optimize.
- Strong knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases
- Taxonomy/Ontology platform knowledge (e.g. Sempahore )
- Experience in ML powered Search (Auto-tagging – auto-classification – entity extraction – NLP)
- Data & information visualization
- Software development experience with a highly-scalable, distributed, large multi-node environment that anticipate and manage scalability and performance problems.
- Knowledge of ServiceNow platform will be added Bonus.
- 3+ Years of Experience AWS/Google Cloud/Azure other cloud environments
- Preferable Experience in building search application for large scale structured/unstructured Data.
- Experience in implementing web services API, data contract with JSON, XML, CSV
- Solid understanding of consuming RESTful APIs
- Ability to interpret and communicate technical information into business language
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.