Senior / Staff UX Researcher
- 176 N. Racine Ave., Chicago, IL, United States
- Work Persona: Flexible or Remote
- Region: AMS - North America and Canada
- Employee Type: Regular
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to roll up their sleeves and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
UX Researcher openings at all levels in Santa Clara, San Diego, Chicago, and Montreal!
What you get to do in this role:
- Represent the needs of customers and their end users, gathered using various research methodologies across the product and design lifecycle from discovery through design validation.
- Apply appropriate research techniques and methods for the specific project. Methods such as online surveys, individual customer interviews, focus groups, journey mapping, user flows and information architecture definition.
- Represent strategy and UI/UX design, customer roles, profiles and concepts across other UX work streams and represent UX strategy for product development leaders
- Engage with customers to understand complex implementation requirements and general platform direction to enable application development, business unit requirements and overall platform growth
- Partner closely with Product Management and Design leadership to influence product strategy and roadmaps by defining and driving specific user experience goals.
- Validate design direction through participatory design, early concept testing, formative and summative usability testing.
- Analyze and synthesize qualitative and quantitative data to generate strategic and tactical insights with actionable recommendations.
- Communicate your findings through artifacts such as jobs to be done, segments, personas, journeys, task analyses, etc. as needed at all levels of the organization.
- Collaborate on product feature prioritization and user story creation as needed.
- Identify and document research best practices and help on-board new team members.
To be successful in this role you have:
- At least 8 years’ or equivalent combination of education and experience applying and conducting customer-centered research to validate product features, functionality, UI designs, future concepts and drive product development outcomes working for a research agency, UI/UX agency, enterprise UX team, or software company performing customer or UX research.
- Experience developing insightful, probing questions that resonate with both highly technical individuals through business minded end-users using enterprise software.
- Experience working with Enterprise IT software (e.g. ServiceNow, Microsoft, SAP, Oracle, Salesforce, PeopleSoft)
- In depth knowledge of user interface design, usability evaluation techniques, perception, cognition, task analysis, experimental design and statistics.
- Experience in understanding concepts, latest trends, best practices across consumer and enterprise applications user registration, authentication and first time experience and extracting valuable insights to drive forward looking roadmap.
- Must have strong written and verbal English communication skills, and excellent communication and presentation skills to visualize technically complex topics and make them easy to understand throughout company leadership, customers or product development
- Comfortable in a customer facing role where you need to represent the ServiceNow brand.
- Willing to be proactive and take initiative to learn about ServiceNow products and customers and learn about the technical functionality of ServiceNow platform and products, to represent product functionality with target end-users.
- Enjoy working collaboratively inside a cross-functional teams, effectively integrating your research into the product definition and design phases.
- 5+ years’ experience researching customer or partner needs for highly scalable and secure Platform as a Service and/or Software as a Service experiences.
- Good understanding of common compliance regulations that various government and enterprise companies must follow.
- Understanding platform thinking and how shared platform services work and being able to drive consensus in volatile environment despite changing requirements and priorities
- The ability to learn new technical concepts quickly.
What we would love to see from you before or during an interview:
- An inspiring portfolio representing examples of research that influenced insanely great insights or experiences. This includes examples of research goals, research methodologies used, the process you followed, how you were personally involved, an data visualizations, and crisply articulated insights from the research.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.