Sr Tech Support Engineer
- Strata Building 1 Bridge Street Ground Floor and First Floor, Staines, United Kingdom
- Region: EMEA - Europe, Middle East and Africa
- Employee Type: Regular
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to roll up their sleeves and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
- What you get to do in this role:
- Customer Advocate providing support to users/administrators of our platform. Contributing to the growth of best practices for delivery of support services.
- Understand our platform, cloud technologies and troubleshooting practices to ensure successful resolution of challenging technical situations.
- Manage and resolve all issues.
- Experience assessing, troubleshooting, resolving and providing root cause analysis for ServiceNow Product issues.
- Manage customers' expectations and experience in a way that results in high customer satisfaction.
- Maintain technical expertise in assigned areas of product functionality and use that expertise to help customers.
- Opportunity to become Subject Matter Expert in assigned areas of product functionality and utilize that expertise effectively to help customers. Share and deliver knowledge sessions with peers globally.
- Opportunity to create scripts to automate repetitive tasks or scripts to enable faster troubleshooting.
- Help in development and mentoring of team members in various technologies and ServiceNow Platform.
- Suggest and implement improvements to internal processes.
- Work on technical and non-technical projects.
- Communicate with customers and our teams through case, phone and other electronic methods.
- Create knowledge base materials dedicated towards operational efficiency while also empowering and enabling the customers.
- Maintain impeccable case hygiene and customer related files and records.
- Participate in the weekend support on-call rotation
To be successful in this role you have:
- Bachelor's in Computer Science (or related technical degree) or 4+ years of related experience within technical support or software coding environment
- Experience with the following:
- UI development or support experience
- Experience in two (or more) of the following: CSS, AJAX, ReactJS, GraphQL, AngularJS, Mobile application development
- Troubleshooting experience using browser developer tools
- Advance knowledge of the components in cloud/web applications and experience in Application Support. Mobile application support experience will be bonus.
- Good experience with relational databases (e.g. MySQL, Oracle).
- Good experience writing or debugging Object Oriented code (Java preferred, other relevant technologies ok)
- Experience using Linux/Unix OR Microsoft Server
- Demonstrated ability to understand the problem statement and troubleshoot complex technical issues with ease
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate solutions to complex technical problems
- Personal commitment to quality and customer service
- Ability to multi-task and efficiently manage case backlog
- Should be a team player working efficiently in a collaborative environment
- Proven ability to maintain a professional demeanor when handling complex user issues (difficult customers)
- Leading investigation and resolving complex issues and escalations while demonstrating exceptional technical understanding, business process and customer needs in timely manner.
- Desired Skills
- Experience providing SaaS support
- Experience developing applications within the ServiceNow Platform
- Experience diagnosing performance related issues.
- Experience using tools like Eclipse, Splunk, Xcode, Android studio, SauceLab
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.