Senior Engineer, Account Escalation Engineering
- The Sharp 10-12 Hogan Place 1st Floor, Dublin, Ireland
- Region: EMEA - Europe, Middle East and Africa
- Employee Type: Regular
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to roll up their sleeves and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
The AEE team is an extremely dynamic environment where fellow ninjas with deep technical expertise and creative flair come together to help customers realise the true value of our platform. Ideal candidates will be seasoned Customer Support rockstars with significant experience of working with high profile clients ready to super charge their careers or those from a technical Professional Services background looking to try their hand at something a little different.
We are looking for individuals who are able to successfully diagnose the entire technology stack, from the front-end to the back-end, to determine where to start troubleshooting an issue.
Your profile will match the following:
- Be willing to take full technical ownership of an issue or problem
- Be a born troubleshooter with significant experience of Performance Tuning web-based applications and troubleshooting the technology stack from the front-end to back-end
- Be naturally inquisitive and know how to get to the bottom of an issue
- Have the ability to interpret technical data, identify trends and resolve system bottlenecks
- Have a relentless focus on customer service alongside deep technical expertise
- Have excellent customer-facing and presentation skills
- Have a passion for learning and sharing knowledge
- Be able to quickly establish a rapport with customers
- Have a proven ability to maintain a professional demeanor when handling complex user issues
This is a highly visible and senior position within Customer Support, reporting into the Escalation Management organization.
Those we hire will be trained and mentored in specific technologies as appropriate by our senior staff and will work to support a growing base of customers globally. Successful candidates will enjoy a generous earning potential and the chance to expand their role in the company as we grow. This is an office-based position, with less than 10% travel required.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience working with one J2EE application server e.g. Tomcat, WebLogic, WebSphere
- Working knowledge in one (or more) Relational Database technologies e.g. Oracle / MySQL / SQL Server
- Knowledge of SQL performance, SQL tuning and optimization, and understanding of Explain Plans for complex queries
- Experience writing or debugging Object Oriented code (Java preferred, other relevant technologies ok)
Nice to haves:
- Prior experience of ServiceNow Architecture preferred but not essential as full product training will be provided
- Prior experience of Cloud/SaaS software
- Knowledge of Java JDKs and memory management, including heapdump analysis
- Fundamental understanding of ITSM, ITIL, or CMDB
- Experience administering: Linux/Unix OR Microsoft Windows Server
- Experience of Firebug, Chrome Developer Tools, Fiddler, etc.
This position requires a minimum of 4 years related experience with a Bachelor’s degree
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.