- Salarpuria Sattva Knowledge City Parcel 3, Survey No. 83/1, 7th & 8th Floor, Phase 1 Inorbit Mall Road, Raidurg village, Hyderabad, India
- Work Persona: Flexible
- Region: APAC - Asia Pacific
- Employee Type: Regular
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
What you get to do in this role:
- Represent the needs of ServiceNow customers or partners and their end users associated with ServiceNow's products, competing products, or future concepts.
- Work with key stakeholders including designers, other researchers, and product managers to identify objectives, goals, timelines and research execution plan.
- Participate in planning and facilitation, analysis and reporting on various research initiatives.
- Conduct research from early discovery, usage and needs, through product design validation.
- Develop research plans, discussion guides, and other study materials with limited input from others.
- Apply appropriate research techniques and methods for the specific project. Methods such as individual customer interviews, focus groups, diary studies, and journey mapping to aid in the formulation of insights that improve product functionality and user experience.
- Should be comfortable participating in architectural design tasks such as user flows, information architecture definition, wireframing, etc. with the aim of communicating design opportunities to the broader Design and Product teams.
- Support design validation and/or iteration through iterative usability testing
- Validate design direction through participatory design, early concept testing, formative and summative usability testing.
- Collaborate on feature definition and user story creation as needed.
- Leverage existing ServiceNow user groups and communities as an additional channel for eliciting feedback.
- Communicate your findings through artifacts such as personas, journeys, task analyses, etc. as needed to your core team.
- Partner closely with Senior Design and Research colleagues to help influence the product strategy and roadmaps with validated user research findings.
To be successful in this role you have:
- 2 to 5 years of direct experience or equivalent combination of education and experience in market, product, customer, user experience, or academic research. Preferably for product development purposes.
- Previous experience defining, planning and executing research studies including outlining objectives, goals, and timelines. This includes developing sample plans and determining the best data collection approach using quantitative and/or qualitative methods.
- Ability to develop insightful, probing questions that resonate with technical and business minded end-users using enterprise software.
- Capable of performing fundamental data analysis and synthesis to generate meaning from the raw data.
- Working knowledge of user interface design, usability evaluation techniques, perception, cognition, task analysis, experimental design and statistics.
- Exposure to design tools such as Axure RP, Sketch or other wireframe tools.
- Excellent written and oral communication abilities. Can prepare reports of findings and actionable insights, illustrating research data graphically and translating complex findings into written text. Experience working with and presenting research results to senior stakeholders.
- Willing to be proactive and take initiative to learn about ServiceNow products and customers.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision on research projects, including problem solving and critical thinking.
- Comfortable in a customer facing role where you need to represent the ServiceNow brand.
- Obsessed with the relentless pursuit of UX and product perfection.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Experience working with software or technical product development teams – preferably Enterprise IT software (e.g. ServiceNow, Microsoft, Oracle, Salesforce, PeopleSoft), ideally a background in Application Platform as a Service (PaaS) or Software as a Service (SaaS) applications.
- Expertise in one or more of the following product spaces: IT Security Management, IT Operations Management, Security Operations, HR Service Delivery, Customer Service Management (CSM), or Finance & Legal.
- Awareness of Mobile and web application design experience across various platforms (iOS, Android, Windows) including demonstrating an understanding of responsive web design.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, experimental psychology or other related degree.
What we would love to see from you before or during an interview:
- An inspiring portfolio representing the process you follow to build Insanely Great Experiences
- Demonstration of any accessible projects you have built
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.
Work PersonasWork personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in OfficeA required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
FlexibleA flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
RemoteA remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.