Data Engineer - Snowflake
- Salarpuria Sattva Knowledge City Parcel 3, Survey No. 83/1, 7th & 8th Floor, Phase 1 Inorbit Mall Road, Raidurg village, Hyderabad, India
- Region: APAC - Asia Pacific
- Employee Type: Regular
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to roll up their sleeves and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
We’re looking for a data engineer to join our Analytics team in Hyderabad. The focus for this role would be to build the data- engineering capabilities on Snowflake. The ideal candidate would have growth mindset, learn new things, and build best of the breed data solutions to improve automation, efficiency, scalability and data availability across the org.
What you get to do in this role:
- Serve as an expert for Snowflake development for building the Cloud Data Warehouse
- Design, develop and test data pipelines and data-transformations for variety of data-sources
- Optimize the data pipelines for throughput and efficiency by having reconciliation controls and parallel processing in place
- Investigate data issues and conducting root cause analysis when reporting data is in question
- Collaborate with Lead Engineers and Architects to implement and maintain the standards and consistency for the data-pipelines and best practices
- Learn the technology capabilities as well as future enhancements as they become available, in order to continually improve our business intelligence offerings
- Lead and/or participate in various projects intended to continually improve/upgrade BI infrastructure, including evaluation of new software and hardware required, to meet organizational business needs or to make processes more efficient and cost-effective.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or similar. Master’s degree preferred
- 6+ years of documented experience as a software engineer working on various data technologies
- 2+ years of hands-on experience working on Snowflake, Snowpipe, SnowSQL, Replication, data-sharing, etc. development activities
- Minimum 1 year of work experience on Snowflake and Azure storage
- 4+ years of strong experience in database design & development & SQL on Oracle, SQL Server, SAP HANA etc. technologies
- Previous experience with end to end implementation of Snowflake cloud data warehouse or end to end data warehouse implementations on-premise
- Experience in ad-hoc data analysis, solution design, reporting & dashboard development
- Experience in real-time ETL, Big Data pipelines, Kafka, DBT etc. is a strong plus
- Scripting experience in Powershell, Python will be a plus point
- Snowflake SnowPro certification is a plus point
- Excellent communication skills, ability to work individually and in a broader geographically disperse team
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.