Software Engineer - Persistence/Scalability
- 4810 Eastgate Mall, San Diego, California, United States
- Region: AMS - North America and Canada
- Employee Type: Regular
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to roll up their sleeves and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
What you get to do in this role:
As a Software Engineer you will have the opportunity to become a key member of the Cloud Platform Persistence group. The platform persistence group has teams that provide storage API for higher layer applications, build our Time Series capability and/or work to scale our application platforms. Depending on the nature of the data, the storage systems include relational database, non-relational database such as columnar database, time series database, or message queue system. Our largest customers are always pushing the limits of the backend storage in terms of size of the data, speed of IO, as well as number of concurrent transactions. Performance, reliability and scalability is always at the core of our work.
To be successful in this role you have:
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies quickly
- 2+ years experience working as a software developer, predominantly in a backend focused role
- Decent understanding of best practices for object-oriented and modularized software. Particular emphasis on Java
- Understanding of web technologies: HTTP and backend programming of web applications
- Demonstrated success completing complex projects, on time
- Aptitude for learning new technologies quickly
- Experience developing web applications at scale
- Experience with troubleshooting difficult production issues e.g. memory leaks, network problems, intermittent failures etc. across the stack
- Relational Database Experience: Developing on, troubleshooting and optimizing performance
- Experience developing a platform or within a platform team
- Experience working in a DevOps environment
- Experience working in a customer focused environment
- Passion for database technologies
- Experience with relational databases: Oracle, MySQL, MariaDB, MS SQLServer
- Familiarity with Unix shell
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.