Technical Support Engineer
- Salarpuria Sattva Knowledge City Parcel 3, Survey No. 83/1, 7th & 8th Floor, Phase 1 Inorbit Mall Road, Raidurg village, Hyderabad, India
- Region: APAC - Asia Pacific
- Employee Type: Regular
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to roll up their sleeves and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
What you get to do in this role:
- Providing support to users/administrators of our platform. Supporting and contributing to the growth of best practices for delivery of support services.
- Understanding our platform, Cloud technologies and troubleshooting practices to ensure successful resolution of challenging technical situations.
- Acting as a customer advocate, prioritizing and managing assigned incidents and escalations in queue with little or no supervision.
- Engaging with the cross functional teams like operations and engineering to build, drive and improve tools and processes for quicker issue resolution.
- This includes being the last point of escalation within the customer support department and mentoring junior team members in the various technologies.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Must have experience installing, implementing, or maintaining one (or more) of the following:
- LDAP/Active Directory
- SSO (e.g. SAML, SiteMinder)
- Email Infrastructure
- Web Services (consuming or providing) (SOAP, REST)
- Data Extraction Technologies (e.g. JDBC, ODBC)
- Network infrastructure
- Any bi-directional, automated integration between two systems
- Working knowledge of the components in a web applications stack
- Experience writing or debugging Object Oriented code (Java preferred, other relevant technologies ok)
- Experience with relational databases (e.g. MySQL, Oracle)
- Experience administering: Linux/Unix OR Microsoft Server
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Works well in a team environment
- Strong personal commitment to quality and customer service
- Ability to understand and communicate complex technical systems
- Proven ability to maintain a professional demeanour when handling complex customer & internal issues
- An understanding of ITSM, ITIL, or CMDB
- Previous experience working with the ServiceNow platform (in particular Authentication/Email/Web Service/Import/Export configurations)
- Experience working with cloud based software like Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, Okta
- Familiarity with Eclipse IDE
- Experience troubleshooting and optimising web application performance
- Previous experience in software development or software consulting.
- Experience providing SaaS support is desirable.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.