Staff DevOps Engineer - Big Data Analytics & Cloud infrastructure
- The Sharp 10-12 Hogan Place 1st Floor, Dublin, Ireland
- Region: EMEA - Europe, Middle East and Africa
- Employee Type: Regular
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to roll up their sleeves and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
Team- Relocation Assistance available
The Big Data team plays a critical and strategic role in ensuring that ServiceNow can exceed the availability and performance SLAs of the ServiceNow Platform powered Customer instances deployed across the ServiceNow cloud and Azure cloud. Our mission is to:
Deliver state of the art Monitoring, Analytics and Business Insights by employing new tools, Big Data systems, AI and Machine Learning methodologies that improve efficiencies across a variety of functions in the company: Cloud Operations, Customer Support, Product Usage Analytics, Product Upsell Opportunities enabling to have a significant impact both on the topline and bottomline growth The Big Data team is responsible for:
- Collecting, storing and providing real-time access to a large amount of data
- Provide real-time analytic tools and reporting capabilities for various functions including: Monitoring, alerting and troubleshooting
- Machine Learning and Anomaly detection
- Capacity planning
- Data analytics and deriving Business Insights
- Responsible for maintaining and supporting Big Data infrastructure on ServiceNow Cloud and Azure
- Automate deployment, maintenance and monitoring activities
- Implement Hadoop cluster security
- Capacity planning
- Performance tuning for various Hadoop components
- Responsible for enforcing data governance policies
- Help with various Big Data and cloud automation projects
- Code deployment and maintenance of Big Data systems
- Perform On-Call production monitoring and support for Big Data infrastructure and Big Data applications in ServiceNow cloud and Azure cloud.
To be successful in this role you have:
- Expert level experience in a Hadoop administration (preferably Cloudera CDP) role.
- Expert level experience working on Azure or AWS
- Experience with performing Hadoop and Azure/AWS performance tuning
- Experience with Ansible, Terraform, Puppet and similar technologies
- CI/CD automation leveraging Docker/Kubernetes orchestration
- In-depth knowledge of Hadoop components such as Spark Streaming, HDFS, HBase, YARN, Hive, Impala, Atlas and Kudu
- Experience securing Hadoop stack with Sentry, Ranger, LDAP, Kerberos KDC
- In-depth knowledge of Centos 7.x and shell scripts
- Working knowledge of Java, Python
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment
- Highly effective communication and collaboration skill
- Required MS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of overall experience with at least 2 in Big Data related positions
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.