Sr Staff Penetration Tester
- 12900 Science Drive, Suite 100, Orlando, Florida, United States
- Employees can work remotely
- Region: AMS - North America and Canada
- Employee Type: Regular
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to roll up their sleeves and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
What you get to do in this role:
- As a key member of the Security team, you will be responsible for architecting, building and consulting on solutions related to securing our global cloud infrastructure that runs our SaaS product.
- The Security team designs and implements the security infrastructure that runs our SaaS platform at scale with high availability.
- Research security technologies and products in the marketplace
- Determines security requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements; researching information security standards; conducting system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments; studying architecture/platform; identifying integration issues; preparing cost estimates.
- Plans security systems by evaluating network and security technologies; developing requirements for network environments; designs public key infrastructures (PKIs), including use of certification authorities (CAs) and digital signatures as well as hardware and software encryption solutions; adhering to industry standards.
- Implements security systems by specifying intrusion detection methodologies, preparing preventive and reactive measures; creating, transmitting, and maintaining keys and encrypted data; providing technical guidance to engineering and support teams; completing documentation.
- Verifies system and application security by performing security assessments, code reviews, configuration and design reviews.
- Maintains security by ensuring we have adequate security measures that align with our compliance standards and policies; conducting incident response analysis when required, and working with leadership and technical teams on remediation plans.
- Helps define and scope new projects and programs, prepares presentation material including problem statements, proposed solutions, and business justification.
To be successful in this role you have:
- To be successful in this role, we need someone who has: The candidate should have a strong background in systems architecture and engineering, understanding of the components of software infrastructure, including hardware platforms, OS, virtualization, application, databases, web and application servers. Prior experience in software or systems development/engineering and managing large-scale server infrastructure is highly desirable.
- Strong Linux expertise is a must.
- Solid experience and skillset in working with Linux and/or UNIX
- Experience in working with or deploying identity management solutions (privileged access management and user behavioral analytics)
- Working knowledge of web application technology and API frameworks, authentication, and secure coding best practices
- Working knowledge of network architecture including routing and switching, firewall design and load balancing
- Familiarity with MySQL, Oracle, MongoDB, Cassandra or similar technologies
- Familiarity with Bind DNS, OpenLDAP, Apache/Tomcat, ElasticSearch, as well as security technologies such as Snort/Suricata and Splunk
- Familiarity working with load balancers, BigIP/F5 iRules
- Understanding of Apache/Tomcat; some experience with Java and JS is a plus
- Experience with threat modeling, vulnerability assessments, and penetration testing is highly desirable
- Familiarity with virtualization and cloud infrastructure technologies
- Candidate must have good communication skills and work well in a collaborative team environment
- A CS/EE degree with 8+ years of proven, related experience is required
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.