Sr Software Engineer
- The Sharp 10-12 Hogan Place 1st Floor, Dublin, Ireland
- Region: EMEA - Europe, Middle East and Africa
- Employee Type: Regular
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to roll up their sleeves and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
What you get to do in this role:
Come join the Cloud Infrastructure Engineering team and work with a talented group of developers building out solutions that make our infrastructure highly available, scalable and fully automated.
As a Senior Software Engineer / Software Engineer, focused on Cloud Infrastructure Engineering, you will have the opportunity to work on ServiceNow Platform and Tools, build state of the art solutions using workflows, orchestration and developer tools in Private and Public Multi Cloud infrastructure.
What you get to do in this role:
- You will work on identifying & building solutions for critical issues in our cloud environments to ensure the continuous availability of our cloud (Five 9s).
- In addition to resolving cloud automation issues, you will work closely with Engineering teams and other members of the infrastructure organisation including SREs / System Engineering, Instance Automation, Monitoring, Technical Support and the ServiceNow development teams to keep our cloud safe and healthy.
To be successful in this role you have:
- Bachelor’s/master’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 6- 8 years of experience of troubleshooting and resolving difficult technical issues with ease
- Solid understanding of data modeling and databases (MySQL preferred)
- A good knowledge of cloud infrastructure is a must
- Ability to identify and resolve technical issues rapidly in a cloud automation environment.
- Aptitude to identify the pattern of issues and provide automated solutions for issue resolution as a DevOps team member.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate solutions to complex technical problems
- Laser focused on customer issues
Other Preferred Skills:
- Experience with DevOps is a major plus.
- Experience in ServiceNow application development
- Cloud infrastructure knowledge
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.